Nines and AKs
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Location:||Ganton, Los Santos, San Andreas|
9mm spawn point at Emmet's
- "Shit happens. Seville wrongs Temple, Temple wrongs Grove. Bad blood leads to bad blood. If you read the book, that's the way of the world baby!"
- ―Big Smoke explaining the situation, after the sets of the Families fought each other.
Nines and AKs is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by Grove Street Families leader and brother Sweet from his home in the Grove Street cul-de-sac in the Ganton district of Los Santos, San Andreas.
Sweet, Ryder and Big Smoke are playing a game of dominoes as Carl comes in. Carl asks them what kind of weapons the gang has got. Ryder replies negatively, with Carl leading to think about Emmet, a member of the Seville Boulevard Families. Smoke decides to accompany him to Emmet's.
The two hop in Smoke's car as they make their way to Emmet's place in Willowfield. Emmet doesn't recognize them at first but after a brief talk they introduce each other. Emmet offers his assistance to them as they go target practicing. Big Smoke demonstrates how to shoot stuff, as Carl follows his every move. Besides shooting glass bottles, he also shoots at the gas tank of a vehicle. Emmet hails Carl's shooting skills and tells him to drop by whenever he needs a gun. Carl and Big Smoke drive back to Smoke's house in Idlewood afterward.
After a moment, Carl receives a call from Sweet and is told to check out the Binco clothing store nearby the gym in Ganton and change to a pair of green colored clothes to represent Grove Street. Carl heads for there, purchases new clothes, and exits the shop.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go with Smoke to Emmet's house.
- Shoot the bottle.
- Shoot the bottles.
- Try shooting the bottles while crouching.
- Use manual aim to shoot the car's gas tank.
- Drive Smoke home.
- Get over to Binco and get yourself some Grove Street colors.
- Go inside the Binco clothes shop.
- Walk into the marker to try on some new threads.
- Buy some new clothes.
- Leave the store.
The reward for this mission is an increase in respect. The mission Drive-By is unlocked. A pistol now always spawns at Emmet's (the location is noted with the same symbol used to denote Ammu-Nation stores); this is the only weapon made available by Emmet and will be quickly superceded as the player discovers other weapon spawn locations and unlocks the Johnson House weapons cache. In addition, Carl can use the Binco, ProLaps and Sub Urban clothing stores.
You can get a fully indestructible Tampa in this mission. You need a Forklift in your garage for this. When Big Smoke and Emmet ask you to shoot bottles, take Smoke's Glendale and place it in Ganton garage. The Glendale must stand along the rear garage wall and there must be some space between the car and the wall. Now push Tampa from Emmet's place to your garage and place it just like the Smoke's car. Try to roll over the Tampa with the Forklift. It can take some time. When the Tampa is upside down, get out from your Forklift and hide between Smoke's car and the rear wall. You must survive two explosions. If the explosions don't kill you, let the garage door close. The garage will then fix the car.
- During the first cutscene, the song playing in Sweet's house is Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg - Fuck Wit Dre Day; this song can also be heard on Radio Los Santos.
- Emmet shoots a Desert Eagle gun but gives off the 9mm pistol sound.
- In the PC version of the game, even if the controls are set to "Mouse + Keys" (standard controls configuration), which doesn't have an auto-aim feature, the instructions given to shoot the bottles still displays controls only used for auto-aiming.
- After receiving the phone call from Sweet, instructing CJ to go to Binco and purchase something, there is no real need to buy anything. Just walking in and out of the changing room and then outside the shop again will complete the mission.
- In the cutscene where CJ and Big Smoke meet Emmet, Emmet is seen wearing a red shirt under his green jacket, but in gameplay his shirt is white.
- When Emmet fires his Desert Eagle, it uses a more realistic special shooting effect. The effect is later shown again in the mission The End of the Line.