|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of GTA Wiki|
No Love Lost
Niko confronts Jason.
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Location:||Faustin's Mansion, Beachgate|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Jason gets away
|Unlocks:||Rigged to Blow|
|Unlocked by:||Final Destination|
- "Tell my father I can see whoever I like!"
- ―Anna Faustin
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Firefly Island, meet Anna Faustin & whoever.
- Chase Jason.
Drive to a building at the Firefly Island funfair where the couple are talking. Anna's boyfriend will flee on a Zombie motorcycle; chase him on the PCJ-600 nearby and open fire. (Alternatively, use any fast vehicle that you can reach quickly.)
The game will instruct you in how to fire from a vehicle. You can 1) keep shooting Jason, or 2) simply chase him until he meets other Lost bikers and arrives somewhere far from the road.
Even Jason drives a cheating-fast enough to leave you behind and not affected (shot down) by Niko's shooting, it is possible to kill Jason before he meet the other Lost bikers.
You can simply follow the gang off road and take cover behind a tree. Use any firearm to kill the gang, preferably at range. Likes other bikers, Jason will lay on the ground alive and incapacitated if he lost all of his health points. However, it's necessary to kill Jason to complete this mission. If he simply incapacitated, he will keep lying on ground and shouting until you shoot him again to kill him. Once they are eliminated, the mission is passed.
This mission is an easy opportunity to gain ammunition, as the bikers will drop their weapons once they are killed. The bikers all use either Pistols or Micro-SMG's, while Jason wields a Pump Shotgun.
- It is possible it is a reference to the song by the ex-British rock band Joy Division which have a song titled "No Love Lost "
- Traffic during the chase is scripted (as in numerous other missions in the game), and as such, the vehicles seen are not random: a Declasse Taxi, a Cabby (unusual in Broker) and two parked Esperantos in Crockett Avenue, three Blista Compacts, two Primos, three Ferocis (one will keep pulling the brakes in front of you), a Declasse Taxi, a Premier (which will attempt to cut you off by speeding, crashing into a Blista Compact, and landing right in front of your motorcycle) and a Chavos on the Broker-Dukes Expressway; a Cabby, a Taxi, two Chavoses, and a Blista Compact (plus a Bobcat, a Feroci and two Vigeros parked) in Titulo Avenue; a Cabby and two Bobcats in Carson Street; a Taxi, a Blista Compact and a Feroci in Stillwater Avenue; a Blista Compact (which will attempt to cut you off by speeding through an intersection) in Savannah Avenue; two Taxis, a Feroci, a Cabby and a parked Bobcat in Seymour Avenue; and another Cabby, with a parked Bobcat, Feroci and Vigero, in Parr Street.
- If you fail and retry this mission a number of times, most of the scripted traffic will disappear. Whether a glitch or not, this is extremely helpful as there is no need to dodge other vehicles.
- It is possible to kill Anna Faustin before going after Jason, although doing so will fail the mission. In a subsequent telephone dialogue, Niko sheepishly allows Mikhail to assume that it was the biker's fault.
- If you kill Anna Faustin at the start of the mission, and fail it, Jason will be invincible. He will not suffer any damage at all, and will only get off the bike if it was on fire.
- Shooting Jason at Funland will cause Anna to scream that Jason is nice and that she hates her father.
- While chasing Jason, he might say "My boy Johnny's gonna fuck you up!", referring to Johnny Klebitz.
- The character that first appears in Faustin's house is the Wedding Assassin from the Deal Ending mission.