No Son Of Mine
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|
|Location:||Momma's Restaurante, Saint Mark's|
|Unlocked by:||Dead Meat|
No Son of Mine is the final mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by his mother Ma Cipriani from her restaurant in Saint Mark's, Portland Island, Liberty City.
Toni drops by his mother's place, looking to finally win her over. When he arrives, she is talking on the phone. After finishing her conversation, she tells Toni how much he has disappointed her. She then informs Toni that she has called a hit on him and admonishes him to "at least try to die like a real man". Toni, however, is in disagreement with Ma's view of the matter, choosing instead to show that he could ward the attackers off and survive.
In the mission, the player is required to fight off four waves of hitmen, who appear with increasingly lethal firepower (first with only pistols, followed by TEC 9s, Micro-SMGs, and, finally, AK-47s). The player is given three pickups, including a Pump Action Shotgun, a Micro-SMG, and health. If the player successfully fend off the hostiles, the player passes the mission.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Show Ma you're a match for her hitmen. Kill them all
- They're really mad now! Eliminate them
- They're not giving up! More hitmen are heading your way. Wipe them out
- Look out! Hitmen are closing on you. Waste them
- More hitmen are approaching. Blow them away
There is no reward for completing the mission. After completing it, more of Ma Cipriani's hitmen will attempt to kill Toni at random intervals. The hitmen are armed with Micro SMG's and AK-47 rifles. The only way to stop the hitmen from attacking you is to complete the mission, Making Toni. On-screen messages will herald the arrival of the hitmen.
- The cars the hitmen use are black Sentinels that have a very special "pushing" force. Each Sentinel doesn't lose speed or direction while hitting another car but it is extremely vulnerable to damage, and a mid-speed crash will set it on fire. They can also drive straight through Pay 'n' Spray garage doors while they are closed.
- If you go anywhere by car during the mission, the hitmen will hijack the nearest car and follow you.