| MISSION |
No Way On The Subway
Jim Fitzgerald and an unknown biker.
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Location:||Drusilla's, Little Italy|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
Jim gets away
|Unlocks:||Weekend at Florian's|
|Unlocked by:||Museum Piece|
- "Shit, that's the cocksucker Johnny ripped off for the diamond loot! Why don't we see if he can keep up with some real American bikers?!"
- ― Jim Fitzgerald
The mission begins with Ray and Phil Bell informing Niko that the money and the diamonds are missing (Johnny Klebitz stole the money during the bungled deal in the museum and Luis Lopez stole the diamonds). Ray orders Niko to deal with two bikers from The Lost MC, who are hanging around on Vauxite Street.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to where the members of The Lost are hanging out
- Take the bike
- Chase and take out the bikers
Head to the bikers' locations just out of Northwood, Algonquin in an alleyway off Vauxite Street. After the cutscene ends, get on the bike presented before Niko and chase the two Lost members. The un-named biker can be killed before he reaches the subway, but will be hit by a train if he rides into the subway. Follow them through the streets until they drop down onto the railway line.
Stay as close to the bikers as possible while riding on the tracks and be sure to avoid any passing trains. When the player passes under the Alqonquin/Broker Bridge, a subway train will kill the un-named biker (if the player hasn't previously done so). Stay a good distance away from the train as debris from the explosion may knock Niko off course, giving Fitzgerald time to escape.
Almost immediately afterward, Fitzgerald will exit the train tracks through a hole in the metal railings of the side and head back to the street. Once on the street, Fitzgerald decelerates considerably and is much easier to keep up with and even knock off his bike, which makes the killing much simpler.
Some time after the mission, a Weazel News Report will announce that the biker Niko killed has been identified as Jim Fitzgerald, but police have been unable to identify the other biker. Jim would later reappear as the deuteragonist of The Lost and Damned DLC.
Liberty Tree Newspaper
"Passengers on the subway between Algonquin and Dukes saw an unusual sight earlier - members of The Lost biker gang in a dramatic fight for their lives. The bikers entered the tunnel system in North Holland and sped along the tracks at high speed, weaving between oncoming trains and exchanging gunfire. An uncorfirmed witness reports that were three bikers involved in the chase. Two bodies have so far been recovered. One being identified as Jim Fitzgerald, a member of the Alderney chapter of The Lost. Police are struggling to identify the other one. Authorities are appealing to other members of The Lost and their rival biker club, the Angels of Death, for any information."
- If the un-named biker is killed by the subway train, Niko will say one of two unique lines of extra dialogue: "Was that the Uptown J train?" or "Shit, your friend's body is gonna be smeared from here to Northwood!"
- If the player pulls Jim off his bike, he will pull out a pistol and will try to kill Niko.
- Niko is originally sent to kill Johnny for stealing the money, but while Niko is chasing Jim, Ray sent some of his men to deal with Johnny instead. When Niko calls Ray after killing Jim, and reporting Johnny missing, Ray informs Niko not to worry about it.
- It is possible, through a glitch, that after chasing Jim for the scripted route, he will act as a normal pedestrian on a bike, but will still taunt Niko.
- Before the chase starts, Jim will say that Johnny had told him about Niko. However, in The Lost and Damned, Johnny never mentions Niko to Jim or any other The Lost MC member.
- When driving inside the Subway, the trains travel much slower than in regular gameplay.
- In The Lost and Damned, Jim Fitzgerald is Hispanic and has very closely cut dark hair. In this mission, however, his character model is a heavyset bald Caucasian with greying ginger hair.
- The subway trains have unique horns during this mission, which also can be heard in the mission For the Man Who Has Everything which features in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
- Upon entering the tunnel, the game instructs the player to press a button to turn on the bike's headlight. However, the headlight will automatically turn on.
- If the player kills the unnamed biker passing the derailed train on the Algonquin Bridge, there will be an option allowing the player to enter the derailed train. However, this is not possible as it is only a glitch. Additionally, leaving the area then returning to it will remove the derailed train but will leave the damaged steel pole there.
- If the player crashes in the subway while chasing the bikers, their bike will disappear. This does not happen all the time however.
- The GTA IV version of Jim can be seen next to the TLAD version of Jim in Was It Worth It?. This is a minor mistake, as the unnamed Biker was supposed to be there.
- Despite the player being prompted to take the bike and chase the bikers, the player can use a car instead. Using a car will make the mission easier as the player will not be dismounted, though a car is not as versatile as the bike.
- This is the last appearance of The Lost MC in GTA IV.