|LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY|
North Yankton State Patrol
|Common name:||North Yankton State Patrol|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
The North Yankton State Patrol (NYSP) is the police force that appears briefly in Prologue of Grand Theft Auto V. They operate in the state of North Yankton and were named Trooper of the Year in 1951. They are inspired from the North Dakota Highway Patrol, as North Yankton is based off of North Dakota.
They use white Police Roadcruisers and Police Ranchers as first response vehicles. These cars are fitted with snow chains on the tires due to the snowy weather and treacherous driving conditions in that area. It seems that both are the Interceptor and the Sheriff SUV equivalents, respectively. Both were used in the year 2004, during the Prologue, so is unknown if one of them or both is still used (probably the Roadcruiser was discontinued and the Rancher was left for civilian use).
State Troopers wear black coats over white shirts with black ties, and light brown pants. Their uniform is based on that of the real life NDHP's uniform. Due to the weather, officers are also seen wearing heavy duty winter attire and gear such as jackets.
- The police force is only seen during the Prologue of GTA V.
- They are quite heavily armed. Officers are seen using Carbine Rifles and SMGs in addition to their pistols and pump shotguns.
- Normally during the mission, none of the two selectable characters (Michael/Trevor) can enter/save the NYSP Patrol cars.
- The only possible way for the player to acquire NYSP Police patrol cars is by means of hacking or other ways of game exploiting.
- The Livery of the Vehicles and uniforms of the North Yankton State Police are based on that of the North Dakota Highway Patrol.
- The North Yankton State Patrol is the second state police force seen in the HD Universe with the Alderney State Police being first and the San Andreas Highway Patrol being the third in the HD Universe.