Northwood is mostly made up of small stores and public housing projects. Despite this, the northern part of the neighborhood has many green areas and abandoned piers. Despite the area being considered "Working Class", Playboy X owns his luxury Monaco-style penthouse there, which is ironic because in some missions, it implied that he hated poor people. The Northwood Heights Bridge connects Algonquin with Bohan, starting from the north end of Frankfort Avenue in Northwood. North Holland and East Holland are to the south of Northwood. The area has a high African-American and Hispanic demographic.
Northwood and its many housing projects is notorious for a high crime rate, drugs and gang violence. Culturally, the area is influenced by hip hop culture. The area is controlled by a diverse mix of gangs; including the North Holland Hustlers and the Uptown Riders. Revealed in The Lost and Damned, Northwood is also the turf of the Angels of Death as well. In The Ballad of Gay Tony, it is the turf of the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers.
Places of Interest
- Arm Wrestling against Uptown Riders members (only in the Lost and Damned).
- Governor Greg Johnson Projects
- L.C. Cage Fighters (only in the Ballad of Gay Tony).
- Playboy X's Penthouse.
- Public Housing Projects
- Rubin Swinger Basketball Courts
- Bank of Liberty
- Cluckin' Bell (closed)
- Club Liberty
- Madame Faux Pas Diner
- Pay 'n' Spray
- Rusty Schit Salvage
- S&D Diner
- The Public Housing Projects in Northwood are considered "scary" by most players because of the ghostly apartments, gangs, the bloody pillows and matresses, and the hookers and cocaine in all the apartments.