|This mission crossovers with Museum Piece and Collector's Item.|
| MISSION |
Not So Fast
|Game:||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
Spook the dealers
|Unlocks:||In the Crosshairs|
|Unlocked by:||...Blog This!|
- "Those diamonds, I heard they're being sold soon. At The Libertonian, of all places. I thought maybe we could go down there, put in a low ball bid and take them for ourselves, huh?"
- ―Gay Tony
Not So Fast is a mission in The Ballad of Gay Tony given to Luis by Gay Tony from Hercules. It ties in with Museum Piece in Grand Theft Auto IV and Collector's Item in The Lost and Damned. This mission takes place from Luis' point of view, in which he ambushes the diamond exchange between Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz, and the Jewish Mob.
In this mission, Luis kills several guards and Mori Green during the diamond exchange. While Niko and Johnny fight Jewish mobsters in the right and left hallways, Luis drops down from the scaffolding and chases after Isaac Roth. Luis knocks Isaac unconscious and makes his way to the roof, where he escapes in Yusuf's gold-painted Buzzard after destroying three NOOSE Annihilators.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get to Yusuf's chopper
- Fly to the roof of the Libertonian
- Climb down the scaffolding to the window overlooking the deal
- Flee the Libertonian in Yusuf's chopper
- Destroy the pursuing police choppers
- Take the helicopter back to the helipad
Complete the mission in 4:35
Take less than 20% damage
Take less than 80% helicopter damage
You start from Hercules. Luis automatically phones Yusuf Amir to borrow his Buzzard, which now has gold painting. After the phone call, get to the West River Helipad, which is not far. Once in the Buzzard, fly to the roof of The Libertonian. Once there, go down the scaffolding and watch the deal cutscene from Luis' point of view. After the cutscene is finished, climb up the ladders and get back to your Buzzard and fly back to the helipad. Luis will call Tony and tell him to meet him by the helipad on the West River. However, three NOOSE Annihilators will force you to turn back and destroy them. It is not a walk in the park however, as they will shoot rockets from their chopper, as well as use their new explosive rounds on you. Use your miniguns to destroy them, as it might be hard to aim the rockets while you're swinging around. A skilled pilot will easily destroy the helicopters. Beginners might find it easier to simply land the Buzzard and shoot down the Annihilators with an RPG. Whatever method is used, after the helicopters are destroyed, return to the helipad. Tony will shout through his Schafter window "Hey Lou, arriving in style!" and Luis gives him the diamonds.
- The ladder that Luis uses to ascend to the roof is not seen in Museum Piece or Collector's Item, and in TBoGT it is only seen during this mission, and if the player fails the mission, it will disappear.
- Just like from Johnny's and Niko's points of view, it is possible to kill the other protagonist, although Luis can kill both of them. However you fail the mission if either of them die, despite them being enemies.
- This is the first time this event was seen in a different cinematic point of view, as camera angles were edited to show what Luis was doing while Niko and Johnny tried to sell the diamonds.
- Luis' dialogue was re-recorded for this cutscene, much like in I Luv LC.
- Even if you have a Carbine Rifle or an Advanced MG during this mission, Luis will still show with an Assault Rifle when he ambushes the deal but after the cutscene you will appear with either weapon again. The reason for this is probably because in the two older games he has the Assault Rifle in the cutscene.
- In the opening cutscene Tony makes reference to Gracie's absence saying "Where the fuck is Gracie? She's supposed to meet me here." This could mean the GTA IV mission I'll Take Her... had already taken place.
- During the mission cutscene, Troy talks about how a documentary team is going to make a documentary about him, mentioning that the same team were gonna make one "about some Puerto Rican guy in Bohan, but he disappeared", clearly referring to Manny Escuela.
- If you fail this mission and are still inside the Libertonian, then you are stuck inside, as the entrances that Niko and Johnny enter and escape from are locked. And the ladder that Luis uses is only available via this mission and the entrance that Luis entered from cannot be climbed. To get out, you would have either load your previous save file, commit suicide or replay the mission through the phone-option as there is no other way out.