The Office of Film and Literature Classification (OFLC) is the government agency in New Zealand that is responsible for the classification of all films, videos, publications, and some video games in the country. It is similar to the Australian agency of the same name, however it is a completely separate entity and often ratings in Australia are different than in New Zealand. Additionally, the ratings themselves vary slightly from the Australian ones.
Grand Theft Auto game ratings
Every game in the Grand Theft Auto series apart from GTA Advance has been rated R18 by the OFLC in New Zealand. It is worth pointing out that a rating for GTA Advance is not found in their database, so its actual rating is unknown. Another noteworthy point is that the 2nd version of GTA San Andreas maintained its R18 rating.
The following games are rated R18
- Grand Theft Auto 1
- Grand Theft Auto: London 1969
- Grand Theft Auto 2
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
The following games' ratings are unknown
- BBFC, the British media rating system
- ESRB, the United States and Canadian computer and video game rating system
- PEGI, the European computer and video game rating system
- ELSPA, the former British computer and video game rating system, replaced by the PEGI ratings.
- USK, the German computer and video game rating system
- OFLC, the Australian media rating system
- CERO, the Japanese computer and video game rating system