- "Logging, hunting...there's a lot of man against a fragile ecosystem in the Paleto Forest. If you want to see who's winning, take the cable car up to the top of Mount Chiliad."
- ―GTA V digital manual
Paleto Forest, is a forest located in Blaine County in San Andreas. The forest is south of Paleto Bay and west of Mount Chiliad. The Aerial Tramway station for the cable car to the peak of Mount Chiliad is located in the forest. The Great Ocean Highway runs through the Paleto Forest. Since the mountain tramway is located here, and the tramway is based on the Palm Spring Tramway, the location is clearly based on the San Bernardino National Forest.
Paleto Forest is a wooded area, with few buildings. It is made up mostly of trees, along with piles of lumber scattered around the area. Deer can be seen drinking from the rivers, and eating on the side of the roads, along with the sound of woodpeckers pecking trees.
Roads and Streets
- Great Ocean Highway
- Procopio Promenade
Events of GTA V
The mission, Lamar Down, takes place at the sawmill here.
There is one spaceship part here.
Points Of Interest
- Bayview Lodge
- Lumber Yard
- Mountain Bike Rentals
- Mount Chiliad Tourist Trail
- Pala Springs Aerial Tramway
- The Logger Beer lumberjack statue at the Bayview Lodge carries a wooden beer keg; if the keg is shot at, liquid will pour out of the bullet holes.
- The lumberjack can be seen on the side of the Paradise van from the Beach Bum Pack if it is chosen by the player when they buy it or by respraying it at Los Santos Customs.