Paleto Score Setup
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||Liquor Ace, Sandy Shores|
|Target:||Scouting the Blaine County Savings Bank.|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Michael De Santa
|Unlocked by:||Minor Turbulence|
- "Michael, Lester and Trevor check out a bank in Paleto Bay."
Michael and Trevor meet at Trevor's old meth lab in Sandy Shores. They are joined there by FIB agents, Steve Haines and Dave Norton. Haines has yet another job for Michael and Trevor, but this one is unusual in that it will require Michael and Trevor to obtain a helicopter costing $3 million. Michael and Trevor do not have the money to finance the caper, so they decide to contact Lester Crest about planning another heist. Lester agrees to meet them in Paleto Bay.
When Lester arrives, the three drive to the Blaine County Savings Bank. They first inspect the front of bank. They then drive around to the side. Lester wants to check the response time of the local police, so has Michael get out of the car and shoot a bell for the bank's alarm system. The three then drive to the nearby filling station to watch the cops arrive, which occurs by Lester's count "67 seconds" later. Their job done, Trevor challenges Michael to a race back to Sandy Shore. At this point, the player can choose whether to control Michael or Trevor: Trevor is more likely to win the race, while choosing Michael allows the player to hear specific dialogue between Michael and Lester. Regardless, once the three reach the meth lab, Lester sets up the board for the heist. The player is able to choose a gunman. After the heist is described, the mission ends.
The following characters are available to complete Michael, Trevor and Franklin's crew.
- Gustavo Mota - If chosen, he will not be killed in the escape and will provide a distraction while Michael, Trevor and Franklin fight the military in the chicken factory. (Previously experience doesn't make any difference)
- Norm Richards - If chosen, he will die during the escape and will not be able to provide a distraction, his death will also ended up adding casualty expenses.
- Packie McReary* - If chosen, he will not be killed in the escape and will provide a distraction while Michael, Trevor and Franklin fight the military in the chicken factory. (Previously experience doesn't make any difference)
- Daryl Johns - If chosen, he will die during the escape and will not be able to provide a distraction, his death will also ended up adding casualty expenses.
- Chef - Only if you receive his call after the mission, I Fought The Law. If chosen, he will not be killed in the escape and will provide a distraction while Michael, Trevor and Franklin fight the military in the chicken factory.
*Only if you completed his character's stranger task.
For maximum cash, the best choice is Packie McReary or Chef, both of them will not die in the mission, not adding casual expenses and both heist cuts are the lowest of the three gunman that survive the score: 12%. Even if you chose Packie McReary because he already have experience from The Jewel Store Job, it doesn't make any difference than choosing Chef for the first time.
It's also very important to notice, that during the escape the protagonists will lose a bit of money every time that the bag of cash in their back is shoot by the police. So be very careful while you are escaping, not to put your bag in the firing line of the police. Try to keep the protagonist that you are controling with their back turned to a wall or any place with no officers, so you don't take the risk of losing to much money.
Independently of the gunman selected, the following setup mission will be unlocked:
- Go to Michael's car.
- Go to Paleto Bay.
- Go to Blaine County Savings Bank.
- Focus on the bank.
- Go to the empty lot near the bank.
- Shoot the alarm.
- Go to the gas tsation.
- Race Michael or Trevor back to Liquor Ace.
- Choose a gunman.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Leisurely Drive - Drive to the bank within 03:30.
- Winner - Win the race back to the meth lab.
- Lester Crest - "Can't believe you brought me out to this backwater shithole. Everybody looks like they're related."
- If the player decides to race back as Michael, Lester and him will have a conversation that will be change slightly if the player has not bought stocks.
- If you enter Los Santos with Michael and Lester the mission will fail, Trevor however can roam LS freely without henchmen trying to kill him.
- When you're racing as Michael, Trevor will stick his middlefinger up to you if you're close behind him.
- Its impossible to take down Trevor from his bike, if you are racing as Michael.
- Trevor states he doesn't pay tax, however when police chase him he sometimes says that he has "His tax dollars hard at work".
- After this mission ends, Trevor will receive a phone call from Franklin, saying that the O'Neil brothers are looking for Trevor and that he has been following them. After this, if the player switch to Franklin at anytime, he will automaticaly start the mission Predator.