|Game:||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|Location:||Middle Park, Algonquin|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
|Unlocked by:||Ladies Half Price|
For the Man Who Has Everything
- Rocco: "You fucking moron! You fucking killed yourself just then! There's Russians, fucking everyone, they're coming after you, the old Man, you're fucking dead, the both of you! They're coming any second and they're expecting corpses!"
- Luis: "We better not disappoint them then..."
- ― Rocco Pelosi and Luis Lopez, after Luis shoots Uncle Vince.
Rocco will call Luis (or Luis can call Rocco) and tell him to meet him alone in the public toilets in Middle Park. Luis meets Rocco, who has Uncle Vince alongside him. During the meeting, Rocco informs Luis that Ray Bulgarin has spoken to Giovanni Ancelotti and demanded the head of anyone involved with the diamond deal. This, combined with his daughter's kidnapping, the angry Algonquin Triads from the shootout and Tony's debt to Rocco, has led Ancelotti to order the deaths of either Tony or Luis. Since Rocco would prefer to work with Luis, he tells Luis to meet them at Maisonette 9, kill Tony and take control of his clubs, with Luis and Rocco running them as partners. Luis refuses, but Rocco leaves and tells him to meet them at the club anyway.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Maisonette 9
- Go inside the club and find Tony
- Take out Bulgarin's men and protect Tony
- Get to the main door of the club
- Clear the area of Bulgarin's men
Complete the mission in 4:30
Take Less than 90% damage
Kill 25 enemies via headshots
Have 75% Accuracy
Destroy 4 enemy cars
If the player does not have heavy weaponry, call Armando Torres and load up on heavy weaponry and explosives; the M249, Explosive Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, and RPG for preference, as well as Body Armor, although Body Armor is available in Maisonette 9's security room, along with any ammo the player may need. Arm Luis and head to Maisonette 9.
Luis arrives at the club to find Rocco and Vince explaining the situation to Tony. Rocco explains to the confused Tony that Luis is on their side, and Vince gives Luis a Pistol .44 to kill Tony with. Tony pleads for his life, but Luis reluctantly informs him that they have no other option. Luis prepares to shoot Tony, but after some hesitation shoots Vince in the head instead. This infuriates Rocco, who warns Luis and Tony that some Russian hitmen are on their way to kill them both. Luis threatens to shoot Rocco, but Tony tells Luis not to because of Rocco's made man status. Rocco flees the club, and Luis and Tony take cover.
A first aid kit can be found at the rear of the balcony. Stepping back from the edge of the balcony can protect the player if they become overwhelmed, as the wooden partition can protect the player whilst allowing them to shoot towards the stairs and the dance floor.
After approximately four or five waves of enemies, Tony receives a call from Dessie, warning him that some more Russians are turning up in cars outside. Following the call, the player should replenish health and armour if necessary and head outside the club. Take cover behind the parked car outside and use a heavy weapons like the RPG, Explosive Shotgun, or some other form of explosives and take out the hitmen. A final wave of Russians arrive on a car and a motorbike. The mission ends when they have been killed.
In the aftermath, Tony, shocked by Luis' "considered betrayal", informs Luis of his intention to sever his ties and flee the city. Luis attempts to reason with Tony, but Tony ignores Luis and walks off.
After the Mission
The reward for beating the mission is $5,000 and the final storyline mission, Departure Time, is unlocked.
- Uncle Vince - Killed by Luis to intimidate Rocco and to rescue Tony.
- Many of Ray Bulgarin's men - Killed by Luis and Tony during an ambush.
- It is better to use the Explosive Shotgun and aim for the Russians' heads, as one shot can either kill them or knock them over, leaving them open to a finishing shot.
- Another strategy to meet the headshots and accuracy requirement in one playthrough is using an Assault SMG inside the club due to its high fire rate, capacity and low recoil. Outside the club, the Automatic Shotgun.
- Using the Grenade Launcher can be useful, but the player must ensure they do not fire the launcher too close to a solid object as it could rebound and severely injure/kill the player.
- If the player feels overwhelmed during the club shootout, blindfiring a rocket can temporary stun all or most enemies.
- This is the only time in the game (without glitches or mods) that the player can enter Maisonette 9 while it is empty.