|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|Full name:||Pastor Richards|
|Place of birth:||Alabama|
|Main affiliation:||Juan Cortez|
|Voiced by:||David Green|
Pastor Richards was voiced by David Green, who passed away during Vice City's production. He was supposed to have a larger role and be seen more in the game than his brief appearance on Cortez's yacht.
Richards is a corrupt and wholly insane televangelist from Mars, Alabama, who's head of the Pastor Richards Salvation Statue Organization, which promises salvation (in the form of a radiation-proof giant living space/effigy of Richards) to all those who pay him very large donations (he later reveals that he was actually planning on using the money to build himself a palace mansion in Hawaii) when a guest on Pressing Issues (VCPR).
By the end of The segment, Pastor Richards snaps, and, disgusted by Barry Stark's nudism, pulls a gun on Stark and shoots him in the genitals, while Jan Brown passes out. Barry survives and "is in need of a proctologist". Pastor Richards also ends up claiming the station as his own for a short while. Pastor Richards was also once invited to a boat party by Juan Cortez, the only time he actually appears.
VCPD Crime Tree Record
- Maniac firebrand preacher, obsessed with money.
- Has written several awful books. All completely fabricated. Most given away.
- Obsessed with degenerates.
- Has been campaigning to build a large statue in his own image.
- Has been attempting to bribe officials at NASA for rocket technology.
- Believed to be embezzling money from the fund for a private mansion in Hawaii.
- Possible polygamist.
- Hates people who help others.
- Fervent anti-communist.
- Obsessed with nuclear winter.
- Hateful human being, but menace to society uncertain at present.
- GTA Vice City
- Along with several other past characters, Pastor Richards is one of the honored names on the sidewalk of Vinewood Boulevard.