Phat Chips is a brand of chips featured in Grand Theft Auto IV, The Lost and Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony and Grand Theft Auto V. The products can be seen at newspaper stands all over Liberty City and in 24/7 stores all over San Andreas . "Phat" is an obvious play on the word "fat", a possible reference to the amount of fat these chips may have. It is a parody of the real chips brand called Lay's and bears a similar logo. The chips cannot be purchased in any of the games.
- Malc's jacket has got a Phat Chips stamp.
- Little Jacob is seen eating a bag of Phat Chips in the beginning of a mission.
- Franklin Clinton is also eating a bag of chips as the player switch characters with him. This happens only after he adquired his mansion safehouse.
- Franklin will comment on this in multiple different ways, such as "Man, snacking and I ain't even high" or "I need some damn health food in this house", possibly a reference to the lack of edible food to restore health.
- It is possibly made by Candybox, as Phat Chips appear in Candybox vending machines in Grand Theft Auto V.