(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||Coupé utility pickup truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Manufacturer||Cheval (HD Universe)|
|Related vehicle(s)||Buccaneer (GTA SA)|
- "1960's entry in a long, esteemed line of Cheval coupé utility vehicles. Combining all the style of a two-door hardtop with the practicality of an integrated cargo tray, this most certainly isn't a jack of all trades and a master of none."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description.
The Picador is implied to be a pickup variant of the Buccaneer, which shares a similar frontal design, with the exception of a different taillight design, a thinner front bumper, and an additional emblem on the hood. The Picador is based on the 1972 Chevrolet El Camino, which happens to share similar design cues with the 1970-1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, a car which the Buccaneer shares a likeness to. Picadors may occasionally been depicted with different items on its bed, such as planks or Sprunk cans.
In GTA V, the Picador is manufactured by Cheval, a parody of Australian automaker Holden, a sister company of General Motors. In the game, the Picador takes design cues from both the Holden HJ Utility and the 1971-1972 Chevrolet El Camino. The rear fascia is almost identical to that of the El Camino, while retaining the large, shallow cab and square mirrors seen on the Holden. The front end is a bit murkier, with references to the older, second generation El Camino in the headlight and grille assembly.
GTA San Andreas
The Picador has the highest top speed and acceleration for any pickup in the game, possibly due to the large V8 engine. However, it is also the lightest and lacks the torque of the stronger trucks; its cornering is also a little unstable, owing to its rear wheel drive. As it is a pickup, the Picador can only carry two in the truck cab.
The Picador is powered by a large displacement V8 and it shares its engine sound with the Sabre Turbo, Fugitive and Gauntlet. Its speed and acceleration is good, especially when upgraded, but it is generally outclassed by faster muscle cars such as the Dominator. Its handling is at odds with more conventional muscle cars, since its four wheel drive gives it excellent traction and launch speed. This combined with its soft suspension makes the Picador one of the best muscle cars for offroading, though one must be vary of body roll. Crash deformation is poor, and bullet resistance is only average.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||135 / 217||
1600 / 3527
|7.8 Seconds||100 / 160||
Mass cannot be observed.
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
- The Picador can be modified at TransFender:
|Color||Car Color 1 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Hood||Fury Scoop||$ 150|
|Champ Scoop||$ 100|
|Exhausts||Large Exhaust||$ 250|
|Small Exhaust||$ 150|
|Upswept Exhaust||$ 400|
|Lights||Round Fog Lamp||$ 100|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Roof||Roof Scoop||$ 80|
|Side skirts||Side Skirt||$ 500|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
- The Transfender in Las Venturas has charges 20% more for each modification except colours.
- Ryder owns a brown Picador with a license plate reading "SHERM" and he uses it in some missions. Even after his death, the car still spawns regularly. The bed accesories are still the same as a normal one.
GTA San Andreas
- Can be found almost everywhere in Los Santos.
- Parked at Ryder's house in Ganton, Los Santos.
- Rarely found in San Fierro.
- Commonly found in Red County, Flint County and Whetstone.
- Can be seen driven around Strawberry.
- Very common around Sandy Shores and occasionally Harmony.
- Can be bought online from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com for $9,000.
- The Spanish name Picador is a horse-mounted member of a bullfighting crew, which confronts the bull with his pike ("pica", hence the name) during the first third of each bull.
- The Spanish word Picado, without the "R," means "Chopped," or "Minced" in Portuguese.
- Additionally, "Picador" in spanish may also refer to a vehicle or a person that takes part on "picadas" (slang for drag racing commonly used on Latin America). This makes sense, as the Picador is a muscle car.
- The default radio stations for the Picador are:
GTA San Andreas
- Ryder's Picador has a license plate reading "SHERM", a slang term for a PCP-immersed Marijuana and Tobacco mixture (CJ calls Ryder "sherm-head" throughout the game).
- The Picador took the place of a Sadler as Ryder's car of choice during development of the game.
- It is one of few cars to have the protagonist driving it during missions while the owner is in the passenger seat. Others include Sweet Johnson's Greenwood, Big Smoke's black Perennial (though CJ and Smoke are not seen riding it with CJ in the driver's seat near the ending cutscene of Big Smoke's introduction mission) and Glendale, Cesar Vialpando's red Savanna (only during the mission Photo Opportunity), Phil Cassidy's Walton and Lance Vance's Infernus.
- There is a glitch with Ryder's Picador on the mobile version of GTA: San Andreas. After completion of the mission Robbing Uncle Sam, Ryder's Picador will no longer spawn.
- In GTA V, the Picador's brake lights are located separately from its taillights, found on the rear bumper. Additionally, it does not feature reverse lights.
- Oddly, when the headlights are turned on, bright light only comes from two of the four headlights.
- Strangely, the interior has a Vapid logo on the floor of the Picador. This is most likely due to Rockstar's tendency to re-use vehicle interiors.