(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||Coupé utility pickup truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
|Manufacturer||Cheval (HD Universe)|
The Picador is implied to be a pickup variant of the Buccaneer, which shares a similar frontal design, with the exception of a different taillight design, a thinner front bumper, and an additional emblem on the hood. The Picador is based on the 1972 Chevrolet El Camino, which happens to share similar design cues with the 1970-1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, a car which the Buccaneer shares a likeness to. Picadors may occasionally been depicted with different items on its bed, such as planks or Sprunk cans.
In GTA V the Picador is manufactured by Cheval, a parody of Holden and Chevrolet. In the game the Picador still resembles a 1972 Chevrolet El Camino, but with a grille from a second generation El Camino. It may also be based off a mid-1970's Holden HJ Kingswood Utility which was not sold in the United States, however Holden, like Chevrolet, is a General Motors subsidiary.
The Picador has the highest top speed and acceleration for any pickup in the game possibly due to a large V8 engine. However, it is also the lightest and lacks the torque of the stronger trucks; its cornering is also a little unstable, owing to its rear wheel drive. As it is a pickup, the Picador can only carry two in the truck cab.
The Picador accelerates reasonably quickly and has a good top speed. However, being a muscle car, the Picador doesn't have great handling. Interestingly, it is the only muscle car with 4WD (four wheel drive).
The Picador is powered by a large displacement V8. Possibly the same as Cheval's muscle sedan, the Fugitive, as they share the same engine sound.
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
- The Picador can be modified at TransFender:
|Color||Car Color 1 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Hood||Fury Scoop||$ 150|
|Champ Scoop||$ 100|
|Exhausts||Large Exhaust||$ 250|
|Small Exhaust||$ 150|
|Upswept Exhaust||$ 400|
|Lights||Round Fog Lamp||$ 100|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Roof||Roof Scoop||$ 80|
|Side skirts||Side Skirt||$ 500|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
- The Transfender in Las Venturas has charges 20% more for each modification except colours.
GTA San Andreas
- Can be found almost everywhere in Los Santos.
- Parked at Ryder's house in Ganton, Los Santos.
- Rarely found in San Fierro.
- Ryder's car is a brown Picador with a license plate reading "SHERM", a slang term for a PCP-immersed Marijuana and Tobacco mixture (CJ calls Ryder "sherm-head" throughout the game). Even after the mission Pier 69 his car still spawns regularly. The car takes the place of a Sadler as Ryder's car of choice during development of the game.
- The Spanish name Picador is a horse-mounted member of a bullfighting crew, which confronts the bull with his pike ("pica", hence the name) during the first third of each bull.
- The Spanish word Picado, without the "R," means "Chopped," or "Minced" in Portuguese.
- The default radio stations for the Picador are:
- In GTA V, the Picador's taillights functions from its rear bumper instead of its usual taillights from the cab. It also does not contain reverse lights.