| MISSION |
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Location:||Pier 69, Esplanade North|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
|Unlocks:||Toreno's Last Flight|
|Unlocked by:||Ice Cold Killa|
After finding out of the next meet between Big Smoke's lieutenant Ryder and the Loco Syndicate through killing Jizzy B, Carl calls Cesar to inform him of this. After CJ and Cesar meet up on a rooftop across from Pier 69, Carl gets there and uses a sniper rifle to gun down the San Fierro Rifa taking guard over the pier, so that Mountain Cloud Boys acting as backup can move in. T-Bone shows up as does Ryder. The last to show up is Toreno who arrives by helicopter. Toreno sees the bodies on the rooftops and is alerted, so CJ and Cesar fight their way through Pier 69 until they confront T-Bone. The two gun him down, then Ryder attempts to escape by a boat, but Carl chases him down and kills him.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go upstairs and meet Cesar.
- Clear the roof so that the Triads can proceed.
- Find and kill T-Bone.
- Jump into the water and swim after Ryder.
- Get in the boat.
- Kill Ryder. You can do a drive-by on his boat.
- T-Bone Mendez - Killed by Carl and Cesar to disband the Loco Syndicate.
- Ryder - Killed by Carl for betraying the Grove Street Families and joining the Ballas.
- Go down the alleyway at the side of the Well Stacked Pizza Co. to avoid having to face the Rifas and Ballas protecting T-Bone.
- It is possible to kill Ryder with a sniper rifle from the pier. Or, if you have a rocket launcher, you can shoot one of the boats when Ryder is close to it, and he will most likely die in the explosion.
- Be careful while performing a drive-by on Ryder's boat as to not blow up your own when Ryder's catches fire.
- While you cannot gain a wanted level during the mission, you can after the mission, so be sure not to drive too close to any locked areas after killing Ryder.
- During the deal between Ryder and T-Bone, Ryder was wielding an AK-47. However, he doesn't use it to fight back.
- In the beta, Ryder would get killed on the pier, and T-Bone would swim to the boat.
- Whichever submachine gun the player has in their inventory is the one that Carl uses in the cutscene when he and Cesar kill T-Bone. He fires off 5 bullets, even if the clip has less than 5 bullets remaining.
- If the player doesn't have any submachine gun in their inventory, then Carl will use a Tec-9 in the cutscene (like Cesar), and he will be able to use it afterwards.
- If the player already has a sniper rifle in their inventory before the mission, they will receive more ammunition from Cesar.
- Cesar's attack won't inflict damage on enemies.
- During the sniper rifle shooting sequence, if the player does really well and none of the Triads are killed in the sequence, CJ will admire his work by saying, "Man! My busting was tight!" before going down to on the ground to start the next part of the mission.
- Ryder's Picador still spawns in the driveway of his house after the events of this mission.
- Sometimes after this mission is passed, Ballas members can rarely be seen driving away from the pier if they haven't been killed in the mission.
- It is impossible take one of the vehicles (Ryder's Picador, the two Tahomas and the Burrito) parked outside the pier, as all the vehicles are locked.
- If you beach Ryder's boat, he will keep operating it in vain until you board it.
- If you blow up both boats, Ryder will swim to the small island nearby and stand still. Strangely, he will not react even if you beat him to death with melee weapons.
- If you board Ryder's boat during the chase, he will bail out and drown.
A video walkthrough is below, or text walkthrough can be found here.