|Appearance(s):||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|Ammunition capacity:||1500 rounds (TBOGT)|
|Available from:|| Armando Torres' SUV (TBOGT)|
Drug Wars reward (TBOGT)
- "A true high-velocity handgun, for quick and accurate kills."
- ―Description from the TBoGT website.
The Pistol .44 is a weapon featured in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
In The Ballad of Gay Tony, the pistol .44 is modeled after the AMT AutoMag, a handgun which was designed to bring the .44 magnum power to a semi-automatic pistol, making it the first .44 Magnum pistol to appear in the GTA HD era. The pistol has a long, thin, barrel, a rounded trigger, and a wooden handle. The pistol itself is coloured silver. The pistol is designed to hold 8 rounds per magazine.
The Pistol .44 is a very powerful pistol thanks to its ammo type. The pistol easily overpowers other pistols like basic pistol, combat pistol and automatic pistol in terms of pure power, capable of killing an unarmored NPC with two shots, while it can take up to five shots to kill armored enemies like NOOSE officers.
It is also highly accurate than other pistols and actually other firearms, making it an ideal weapon for headshots. However, it has the slowest rate of fire among the GTA IV's handguns due to its recoil. It is capable of being used for executions.
In the Ballad of Gay Tony the Pistol .44 is rarely used by common enemies. However, the pistol is frequently used in advanced Drug Wars side-missions, mostly by the missions' NPC allies Armando Torres and Henrique Bardas.
- First seen used by Vic Manzano in the mission "Boulevard Baby". It is obtainable in the mission after the player kills Manzano.
- Given to protagonist Luis Fernando Lopez by Rocco and Vince Pelosi during the mission "Party's Over".
- Spawned at the player's apartment after successfully completing ten Drug Wars side-missions.
- Can be bought from Armando Torres's gun van after completing 10 Drug Wars side-missions at the cost of $640.
- The Pistol .44 was first seen in "The Girl" trailer of Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, during in which Luis killed an enemy before jumping on a plane from a Bati Custom motorcycle.
- The Pistol .44 was the main weapon of Vince Pelosi. It was later given to the player by Rocco to execute Tony Prince, but Luis used it to kill Vince.
- The Pistol .44 is one of the starting weapons in TBoGT's multiplayer mode, along with the knife.
- Historically, the AMT Automag was producted for a little more than ten years, from 1971 until 1982. The pistol spawned four successors which were producted from the eraly 1990's until the mid 2000's.