|Appearance(s):|| Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Ammunition capacity:||9 (12 with Extended Magazine)|
- "High-impact pistol that delivers immense power but with extremely strong recoil. Holds 9 rounds in magazine."
- ―GTA V description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
The Pistol .50 is a pistol in Grand Theft Auto V, and takes the form of a Desert Eagle (like the Combat Pistol from the previous games, but without its famous "Beaver Tail"). The weapon is a bonus to those who purchased either the Special or Collector's Edition and is available for free in game at Ammu-Nation. It will also be available to buy with in-game currency in the enhanced version of the game from any Ammu-Nation store. However, the players who bought the Special/Collector's edition of the original game will still get it for free.
There are 3 attachments for the Pistol .50, and it also has some color tints available.
- Suppressor: Free
- Extended Magazine: Free
- Flashlight: Free
- Black (default) - Equipped by default
- Army Tint (Desert sand) -
- LSPD Tint (Metallic Blue) -
- Green Tint - $7500 (Kill 200 players)
- Orange Tint $? (Kill 400 players)
- Pink Tint - $7500 (Rank 50)
- Gold Tint - $10000 (Rank 75)
- Platinum -
The Pistol .50 has the highest damage per shot of pistols, and a standard semi-automatic rate of fire. Capacity is lower than that of the Pistol but it can be freely improved to be on par with it. It is available at level 1 in GTA Online and is free, making it a powerful weapon to begin with. The main weakness of the Pistol .50 is its accuracy, which makes it ineffective for drive-by shooting and of a limited efficiency while on foot. However this handgun remains effective against NPCs in close quarters. This is a good weapon for quickly finishing the first waves of a survival as a single shot to the chest is able to kill enemies at lower survival waves.
- Like the GTA IV rendition, the Pistol .50 carries 9 rounds in a single magazine. Though this seems incorrect because of it being a .50AE pistol. In real life, the .50AE Desert Eagle would only hold 7 rounds while the .357 correctly holds 9 rounds.
- The Pistol .50 is notable for having a very high recoil; When fired, it will blow back Michael, Trevor, or Franklin's hands upwards heavily due to its immense power.
- The extended clip is far larger than it should be. It is rougly twice longer, while holding only +33% bullets than the regular one. The size would have been correct if the regular clip had only 7 bullets (like the real-life model).
- Even though it is based on the Combat Pistol seen in previous games, the Pistol .50 actually lacks the long beaver-tail of an actual Desert Eagle and has a trigger guard that bears more resemblance to that of the PT92.
- Like the Bullpup shotgun in the Beta, the Pistol .50 resemble it's real life counterpart. It's Possible this was changed to avoid copyright issues.