While in the course of completing the storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV, the player makes a total of seven choices based on the morality of the player. They are listed below:
- Kill Playboy X or Dwayne Forge.
- Reward: $25,000 for killing Dwayne, or Playboy X's Penthouse, a new set of clothing and Dwayne as a friend for killing Playboy.
- Kill Francis McReary or Derrick McReary.
- Reward: $10,000/20,000 and the ability to remove a three-star wanted level for killing Derrick; Nothing for killing Francis.
- Choose to strike a deal or exact revenge.
The first three, if spared, all become random characters (in Clarence's he appears with a gun and attempts to kill Niko and Niko will have to kill him, it should also be noted that if Niko chooses not to kill him and drive away, Clarence will chase Niko. This contrasts to the other two which will request Niko's help with something). Killing Playboy or Dwayne both offer different rewards, killing Derrick gives you money but killing Francis does not give you money. The choice of Darko has little to no implication, while the final choice is the biggest of all - it triggers different missions and determines the fate of either Roman Bellic or Kate McReary.