The Pole Position Club
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
|Name:||The Pole Position Club|
|Type of Business:||Strip Club|
|Location(s):||Ocean Beach, Vice City|
The Pole Position Club is effectively the only strip club in the city accessible to the player. The club is first introduced during "The Party" when the player escorts Mercedes Cortez to the club. Following "Shakedown", the club may be purchased by the player for $30,000, becoming one of the their business assets.
In addition to open stages, the Pole Position offers backroom dances by a stripper, which the player may pay by the minute; $5 every 5 game minutes (5 seconds, real-time) to watch. By spending a total of $300 on the dances, the player will complete the club's asset mission, allowing the club to earn the player $4,000 a day; the stockier backroom stripper seen in the original round of dancing is also replaced by a slimmer, more scantly-clad counterpart.
Once the club's asset mission is completed, another backroom of the club is opened. Upon entering this room, a cutscene is activated showing a more animated stripper dressed in a cowgirl outfit stripping for Tommy. Before this room is unlocked, the room is closed, with a sign reading "No Entry - Management Only" posted on the door. The stripper in this room is rumored to be one of The Twins mentioned in the game's manual. The other is a bartender in Malibu Club after that asset is bought.
During Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the following songs can be heard playing inside the club:
- Animotion - "Obsession" (featured on Wave 103)
- Mary Jane Girls - "All Night Long" (featured on Fever 105)
- Teena Marie - "Behind the Groove" (featured on Fever 105)
- Zapp & Roger - "More Bounce to the Ounce" (only heard during the private strip tease cutscene) (featured on Wildstyle)
- The club's name is a play on the phrase "pole position", a term used in motorsports that describes the position that lies at the front of the starting grid, and pole dancers, a common feature of strip clubs. The black-and-white checkered racing flags on the club's sign outside are also likely a reference to motor racing.
- Note the patrons, the two bikers and the taxi driver in a blue suit who are not seen anywhere else in the city.
- The Pole Position serves as a front for the Vercetti Gang's prostitution business.
- The Pole Position Club also exists in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, but is inaccessible to the player.
- In Grand Theft Auto V, the Pole Position Club still exists, as it has a Bleeter account. It offers a 50% discount on private dances to handicapped patrons.
- In Grand Theft Auto V, some of the payphones will have a Pole Position sticker on the side of it.
- Rarely the Pole Position Club can be found empty.
- There is a glitch when exiting the club, which leads the player with most of the areas missing, aside from having some of the visible areas in Ocean Beach. All the player needs to do is grab a bike such as the PCJ-600, and bail out of the bike for it to careen inside of the club. Head into the club, and exit it with the bike, most of the buildings are invisible; only some of the portions of Ocean Beach and Little Havana will be visible.
|iPad 2 Version|