(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Law Enforcement vehicle|
|Appearance(s)||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Manufacturer||Western Motorcycle Company|
|For the police bike in GTA San Andreas, see HPV-1000.|
It is based on the Harley-Davidson Road King FLHP. It is similar to an Electra Glide, but is closer in design to the Road King due to the lack of a fairing. Also, despite most bikes being able to seat two people, the Police Bike can only seat one person due to the top box for the electrical system being in the way, which means it has the smallest passenger capacity of any vehicle in the game, along with several vehicles (such the Forklift, the Rhino, etc.). In multiplayer the police are not seen riding the bike or pursuing the player in it (much like the Police Stinger and Police Buffalo).
In GTA V, the bike reappears with almost the exact look as in TBoGT, except for a few details. The bike no longer features high sirens, but they are replaced by more LED lights over the front wheel cover, the sides and the rear end of the rear section of the same. Unlike the previous appearance, police officers are seen riding them. Not really riding, but sometimes, police officers are seen verifying a highway traffic near these vehicles or pursuing criminals in it.
Being based on a Harley-Davidson Road King, the bike is somewhat heavy but high in power and torque, meaning its top speed and acceleration are average for motorcycles, but higher than most cars. However, the handling is excellent for such a heavy bike, with its powerful brakes being another positive. The bike can also withstand more damage than any other bike in the game, and takes virtually no damage when shot in the saddle bags.
The Ballad of Gay Tony (multiplayer only)
- In front of the Hove Beach Police Station
- In front of the Lower Easton Police Station
- In the parking lot of the East Island City Police Station
- In the parking lot of the Leftwood Police Station
- Can be found parked on the sides of roads and highways in Blaine County. (An officer is present however)
- Can occasionally be found between 1:00 AM and 04:00 AM at the train station under the Olympic Freeway on Strawberry Avenue.
- Can sometimes be found just outside the entrance of Dignity Village during the daytime.
- Can occasionally be found parked outside police stations, usually in daytime (XB1/PS4)
- Can rarely be found when the player has 1-3 stars in Blaine County
- Can be commonly seen when the player earns a 1-2 star wanted level at the RON Gas Station in Tatavian Mountains on the Senora Freeway. It will be driving off the service road.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Ballad of Gay Tony
- The default radio stations on the Police Bike are:
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony, if you turn on the siren and look through the windshield, you will notice that you can see right through the coverings on the high sirens and it will look like they have been shot off, just like what happens when they are submerged in water.
- Oddly, the Police Bike features blue and red lights instead of the LCPD standard red and white lights, similar to the Police Stinger in that aspect.
- Sometimes, when activating the vehicle's siren, traffic will not react as they would do with other law enforcement vehicles.
- In GTA V, the bike's 'red' lights appear to have more of an amber color than a red one. This is corrected in the PS4/Xbox One version.
- In GTA V, If the player is being chased by a Police Bike, the officer will shoot at the player even if the player only has one star.
- Despite having LSPD livery on the bike, SAHP officers are the only police force seen using it in GTA V.
- The unit # (69269) on the LSPD Police Bike is a reference to the 69 sex position.
- The civilian variant of the Police Bike is the Sovereign.
- This is a unique emergency vehicle in GTA V due to the fact that the rear light does not flash when the siren is on.
- The siren is changed in the PS4/Xbox One version; the primary sound is now yelp and its noise is more electric.
- HPV-1000, GTA San Andreas equivalent.
- VCPD Wintergreen, GTA Vice City Stories equivalent.
- Wolfsbane, base version of the Police Bike
- Sovereign, civilian version of the GTA V model