(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Law enforcement SUV|
|Body style||Four door, full-size SUV|
|Capacity||8 (driver, three passengers and four hanging on the side)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
The front of the SUV features a large push bar and a plastic front bumper finished in black and a large main grille which has chrome edges. The hood features a raised area which has edges that follow the edges of the grille. Beneath the grille there is chrome area central to the bumper.
The SUV features a long wheelbase. There are sidesteps for police to place their feet on. The front and rear panels of the vehicle are black, with a white body that displays the sheriff decals. The wing mirrors have flashing lights fitted to them, and the A-pillars also feature spotlights. The roof features an LED light bar, mounted above the front row of seats. The SUV also features LED lights on the grill. The roof has longitudinal rails, allowing officers to hold on to the car and fire a one-handed weapon simultaneously. The SUV features black wheels wrapped in high profile tires. At the rear, another distinct plastic bumper is visible, also finished in black.
The decal design is obviously modeled after those of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's vehicles, but, unlike the LASD, the decal is stretched across both doors, instead of just the front.
The Sheriff SUV, along with the FIB Granger and Park Ranger, is easily the best performing SUV in the game. It improves on the civilian vehicle in every way, with good acceleration (about on par with the Interceptor), and stiff suspension which prevents it from rolling over in high speed turns. It also has a high top speed, great offroad performance, decent brakes, but it is all at the cost of being difficult to obtain. The Sheriff SUV is much more challenging to obtain than other police vehicles.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
Four wheel drive
- When reaching a wanted level of 4 stars in Vinewood Hills, outer Los Santos County or Blaine County, the Sheriff SUV will begin to appear with 2 NOOSE Tactical Response Unit Officers hanging off the side of the SUV.
- The SUVs are fitted with roof rails that allow members of the NOOSE team to hang on the side of the vehicle in a similar fashion to how the real life SWAT teams in Los Angeles hang onto the sides of LASD Chevrolet Suburbans.
- The Sheriff SUV only appears during wanted levels.
- Unlike other Los Santos County Sheriff units, the Sheriff SUV is black and white, instead of just white.
- At one point, the player was able to take the Sheriff SUV into Los Santos Customs and customize it, but the only 2 options is the colors and the option to add bulletproof tires to the vehicle. This was later patched in the 1.06 update on November 21 2013.
- These colors are simply labeled as "main color Nº" (N is the number of the list), instead of the color's real name. Also, one of these options (pearlescent?) has missing names, but the price is still in the menu.
- Like numbered police cars, they come in a predetermined numbers, with the 84 as the highest number in the fleet.
- There are 4 unused lights at the front windshield.
- For unknown reasons, during missions when players are meant to earn at least 4 stars, the Sheriff SUV never makes an appearance, only when outside of missions. The same is for the FIB Granger, however there are missions where this appears when under 4 stars.
- Sometimes when NOOSE officers are leaving the scene unharmed, when using the Lester blind eye feature in GTA Online, the player can drive off with the SUV with the NOOSE still on the side, not harming the player. If the player comes into contact with other enemies (such as in Gang Attack), the NOOSE officer will shoot the enemies. However, when the timer runs out, the NOOSE officer will jump off the SUV, resulting in a wanted level.
- The siren was altered for the PS4/XB1 version; it is now higher-pitched.
- Granger, civilian model
- NOOSE Patriot, another SUV owned by the Law Enforcement.
- Police Rancher, NYSP counterpart, based on the Rancher XL.
- Park Ranger, San Andreas Park Ranger variant.
- FIB Granger, FIB variant.
- Lifeguard, Los Santos Lifeguard counterpart.