(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Law enforcement SUV|
|Body style||4-door SUV|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Related vehicle(s)||Rancher XL|
|For the police variant of the Rancher in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, see Ranger.|
For the black four-door variant of the Rancher used by the FBI in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, see FBI Rancher.
The Declasse Police Rancher is a four-door law enforcement SUV featured in Grand Theft Auto V. It is a four-door derivative of the Rancher from Grand Theft Auto IV. It is also a police variant of Rancher XL, and it is based on the 1986-1991 Chevrolet Suburban.
The Police Rancher is a police variant of the Rancher XL, with longer wheelbase and 4 doors - reminiscent of the FBI Rancher from GTA III-era games. It features North Yankton State Patrol livery with two stripes (gold and blue) with the legend "Trooper of the year 1951" and a light bar.
The Police Rancher only spawns with snow on its roof, hood and bumpers, due to it being programmed to appear only in the Prologue, like the Police Roadcruiser. The vehicle also features chains on its tires, which aid the vehicle in driving in snowy, slippery conditions; The chains, however, are merely for aesthetic purposes, and do not change the vehicle's handling in any way.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||130 / 209||
2400 / 5291
Mass cannot be observed.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- A few Police Ranchers can be seen in the mission, "Prologue," but none of them can be obtained. This is their only appearance.
- The only way to obtain the Police Rancher is by save editing.
- Crashing into walls will cause the lightbar on the roof to detach. The same thing also happens with the Police Roadcruiser.
- Unlike the Rancher XL, the Police Rancher doesn't feature a defroster rear window, implying that civilian Ranchers are equipped with this element after 2004.
- The engine's noise is unique, compared to a standard Rancher XL, being that its engine sound is similar to what a normal V8 engine would sound in the SUV class (i.e. Granger, Baller)