(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Law enforcement car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and three passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
It is modeled after the existing Esperanto in GTA IV, with two stripes (gold and blue) down the side and "STATE PATROL" next to the front door, and the police emblem emblazoned on the front doors, a lightbar on the top of the roof and blue and red lights elsewhere. It is used by the North Yankton State Patrol. The Police Roadcruiser only spawns with snow on its roof, hood and trunk, due to it being programmed to appear only in the Prologue, like the Police Rancher. The vehicle also features chains on its tires.
It appears to be a mixture of various early and mid '80s police cars although no specific car perfectly resembles the Police Roadcruiser.
Prominent appearances in Missions
- It appears in the mission Prologue where the North Yankton State Police use it to transport police units to the Ludendorff bank during the heist.
- Currently the only known way to obtain the Police Roadcruiser is by save editing.
- Crashing into walls will detach the lightbar located on the roof. This also happens with the Police Rancher.
- The car is internally defined as a Sports Car in the handling data for an unknown reason. Therefore, if you are driving around town in it, pedestrians will comment on it positively even though it's just a police car.
- Unlike the Esperanto, the Roadcruiser doesn't feature a defroster rear window, implying that civilian Esperantos are equipped with this element after 2004.