(Rear quarter view)
|Also known as||LSPD Van (By Lester)|
|Vehicle type||Law enforcement van|
|Body style||3-door van|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Police Transporter's design is based on a passenger version of the second generation Burrito, also in the game. It is equipped with a police lightbar and also features a bullbar, barred windows, and riot shield. It has the livery of the LSPD badge on the front doors. These vans, including the windshield, are 90% bulletproof, besides the tires. The vehicle always comes with classic sirens, similar to the Interceptor's permanent LED sirens.
While it is not as well armored as the Police Riot, it takes the advantage that the side windows are almost entirely covered by steel plates. The only way to kill the driver is by shooting at the side door windows, because they leave a minimal gap between the bars. This is useful in high level chases, as Police SUVs and Police Roadblocks are usually deadly for the player if stops near them. Unlike standard Burritos, Transporters gains raised suspensions, making it easy to control over uneven terrains. It seems to be easy to flip, although its weight can compensate this.
Police Transporters only spawn when the player has received a three star wanted level. They appear blocking at least a lane or two of the road. Players must be aware that whenever a Police Transporter is parked blocking the road, there is usually a Spike Strip just after it. To obtain the van, one can shoot the van's lone officer and get in. Sometimes, if you are close for a short period, the officer aboards the Transporter and starts chasing you.
The player is unable to use thrown weapons or the middle finger, as the covered windows blocks the spots. Usable weapons can't pass through the sides easily, so it is very effective with protection from front/rear drive-bys.
The Transporter appears to be powered by a turbo-diesel V8, evidenced by the sound emitted when at idle and accelerating. This would be vital considering how heavy the vehicle is.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||130 / 209||
2500 / 5512
Mass cannot be observed.
- Found making roadblocks along with spike strips on a three star or higher wanted level.
- Sometimes spawns at the train station under the Olympic Freeway on Strawberry Avenue between 20:00 PM and 5:00 AM(Along with the Police Buffalo, Police Bike, Unmarked Cruiser, and Interceptor)(XB360/PS3).
- The Police Transporter only appear during a 3-star wanted level or higher.
- One of the heist setups, Stingers, features a Police Transporter as a target for the preparation of the heist. The mission only appears if the Subtle Approach is chosen.
- It's the second standard police van officially featured in the HD Universe, excluding the armored trucks and the NOOSE Boxville. The first was the Noose Enforcer (CW model, which is based on a Boxville).
- Despite the hood is almost under the front windshield barrier, it can be opened normally, passing through it.
- Despite the fact that it is marked as an LSPD vehicle, it can appear anywhere in the entire state when the player has a three star wanted level.
- For unknown reasons, the side glass armor on the Enhanced version leaves a gap much larger than the original version. This was possibly made for an easier side Drive-By.