- "You son of a bitch! Why can't you just die already? You should have never come back, Toni. I worked my fingers to the bone for Salvatore. And you just come wandering back to town and he's all, Toni this, and Toni that! This is my town, Toni! MY TOWN! And you ain't taking it away from me! I'm gonna enjoy this."
- ―Vincenzo Cilli
"The Portland Chainsaw Masquerade" is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Vincenzo Cilli from his warehouse in the Atlantic Quays district of Portland Island, Liberty City.
Toni drops by Vincenzo's warehouse in Atlantic Quays, having received a phone call after the murder of Joseph Daniel O'Toole. However, Vincenzo is on a ship down at the Atlantic Quays docks, asking that he help with some "big shipment". Toni, at first reluctant, agrees to drop by, but only for Salvatore.
Toni reaches the hull of the ship, however, he is ambushed by a number of chainsaw-wielding psychopaths dressed as Leone Family gang members. Toni manages to kill all the psychos, after which Vincenzo enters to check if Toni is dead. When he finds Toni still alive, Vincenzo expresses his anger at Toni for overshadowing him after returning; armed with a Micro-SMG, he begins shooting at Toni, who fires back and shoots him on the head or chest, killing him and finally getting his revenge for betraying him earlier. Toni leaves the ship, completing the mission.
This mission can be tricky when just trying to fight the chainsaw wielding psychos head on. A good way to complete this mission is to run around in a circle and weave through the boxes until you get distance between yourself and the enemies. Then, pull out an Assault Rifle or Shotgun and mow them down. Repeat this until they are all dead.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Meet Vincenzo at the Freighter
- Head down to the hull
- Kill Vincenzo's guards
- Kill Vincenzo
- The name of the mission is taken from the name of the horror film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. As a result, the last word of the mission title is widely misread as "Massacre".
- The mission is dubbed one of the hardest missions in the game.
- The game's viewpoint changes to a 3/4 overhead view once the Chainsaw attack starts, increasing the difficulty.
- Unlike the mission "High Wire" in GTA Vice City Stories, this mission is harder in the PSP version.
- One alternative method of surviving the attack is to complete the Firefighter sub-mission, especially the PSP version, which makes Toni fireproof, then load up on Molotov cocktails from one of the spawn points (such as the ruins of the building destroyed in "Blow up 'Dolls'"), and use them in the confined space of the tanker hold.
- The Leones vaguely betrayed Toni, as they are on friendly terms with Toni, yet they try to kill him.