República Portuguesa (Portuguese)
|Anthem: A Portuguesa
Portugal is a country situated in Western Europe. Its language, the portuguese is the 7th most spoken language in the world, and is the official language in Portugal and the former Portuguese colonies (a full count of 7 [formerly 9, including Portuguese India and Macau]) . There are a few references to it, throughout the GTA Series.
- In Grand Theft Auto:Vice City Stories there are groceries called "Verdi" . This is a missplelling of "verde" , which means "green" in portuguese.
- In GTA IV, the Alderney district of Leftwood has got lots of portuguese flags, which is a nod to the portuguese community of New Jersey, upon which Alderney is based off.
- Still in Leftwood, there are portuguese bakeries, called "Tomada do Forno" , which would roughly translate to "Took from the oven" or "Taken from the oven".
- Also, there are pedestrians that speak portuguese. They speak with brazilian accent, though.
- EFLC version of Electro-Choc has two DJ's (Crookers). They apparently speak italian, but some players think they speak italian mixed with portuguese and spanish.
- Bahama Mamas, a club in the GTA IV Era, has the word "mamas" , which means "boobs" is portuguese.
- Mijo is one of Niko Bellic's deceased war buddies, and though he is serbian, his name is portuguese for "piss".