(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Commercial/Industrial vehicle|
|Body style||Box truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
The vehicle's size and heavy weight leave it slightly inferior in terms of handling, however its top speed acceleration are very impressive for a truck this big. Its turning radius is quite big due to its long wheelbase, however its heavy weight makes it very useful for ramming other cars off the road, and it is a very durable vehicle.
- Often seen at the Port of Los Santos.
- Seen on the main highways, especially on the La Puerta Freeway.
- Sometimes seen on the avenues of Morningwood and Richman.
- Much more common across the entirety of Los Santos in the enhanced version of the game (PS4/XB1).
- The name is a poke on the fact that the truck is able to ram smaller vehicles into walls, seriously damaging, or "pounding" them, and also on its weight and size.
- The name might also be a sexual reference to "pounding" which refers to rough sexual intercourse.
- The horn was altered for the enhanced version of the game, it is lower pitched (PS4/XB1).
- Packer, a vehicle from several GTA games that the Pounder is based off of in GTA V.
- Flatbed, a vehicle from several GTA games, that is also shares the same front cab as the Pounder and Packer in GTA V.