|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of GTA Wiki|
|Game:||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|Location:||Tony's Apartment, Little Italy|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Kibbutz Number One
|Unlocked by:||I Luv LC|
- "I've fucked up. Good and proper. I worked the Algonquin nightlife for twenty years! I beat everyone! Mayors, rivals, drugs, everyone and this time I've fucked up!"
- ― Gay Tony
In Tony's pad, Tony had sold the same property to two individual buyers, forcing him to find a way to straighten things up. Luis tells Tony that he would take care of things and the two resolve. Then, Tony tells you to head to a golfing club where they meet Rocco Pelosi, one of the men which Tony owes money to. After some racial insults are exchanged between Luis and Rocco, Pelosi give Luis a job, to help him coerce some information out of a Union Official working for the Messina Family.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the Golden Pier golf club
- Hit the Union official with golf balls
- Head down to the golf cart
- Clear the area of the Messinas
- Get into the golf cart
- Follow Rocco out of the golf club
- Take Tony back to his apartment
Complete the mission in 4:00.
Take less than 50% damage
Kill 11 enemies via headshots
Have 70% accuracy or better
Each golf ball hit the union official with no mistakes.
Once at the driving range, wait for Rocco to call for Luis to start swinging. The Union Official is attached to the front of the Caddy.
First of all, go into 'Fine Aim' mode and position the target exactly over the victim, not the vehicle itself. Now, start your swing, and when it starts to come down, stop the bar on the narrow target line. This should put the ball on target.
Repeat this twice more, with Rocco moving further away each time, before Messina Family enforcers crash the party in Cavalcades FXT and try to stop any information being leaked to the Ancelottis. Run with Tony down to ground level, or stay up top for the time being and take out the attacking mobsters. With them dealt with, get in the Caddy and follow Rocco in a chase through the park, the Messina pursuers will eventually crash into trees, and it's smooth driving from there.
Out of danger, Luis, Tony and Rocco meet up in a parking lot. If Luis kills the Union Official, Rocco will complain that he won't be able to get anymore information out of him. If the Messinas kill the official., he'll sound slightly aggravated. However, if the official survived, he'll tell Tony and Luis that he's taking him back home to "do the messy work" and get more information.
Tips and TricksEdit
- When you have to protect Rocco from the Messinas, pull out the RPG (if you have one) and take out the cars. Then, if some men are remaining, use a SMG or Rifle to kill them. Getting 100% is difficult due to the required amount of headshots.
- The time taken to hit the Union Official with golf balls does not count towards the time taken to complete the mission, so when aiming for 100% just take your time there and concentrate on getting the perfect accuracy with golf balls without hasting.
- Union Official (optional) - Can be killed by Luis, although it has no effect on the mission.
- Many members of the Messina crime Family - Killed by Luis.
- If the player has already completed Chinese Takeout, Tony will comment on "...not taking any more chances" as he shoots at the pursuing enforcers.
- When Rocco moves the Caddy, Luis will sometimes comment, "Rocco, the Sunday Driver", a reference to the Sunday Driver video included with the special edition of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- It is possible to kill the Union Official, causing him to slide down the front of the golf cart. If he is killed, when Rocco starts driving, his bonds will break and he will no longer be attached to the front of the vehicle.
- If Tony is killed, the mission fails and Rocco comments about his death, and Luis tells him to get out of his sight.
- If Rocco is killed, the mission fails, and Luis jokingly comments about his death, and Tony will say that the Ancelotti Family will come after them.
- If the player replays the mission, Rocco's clothes will change.
- The Union Official will die from any kind of damage after the Messina's attack; even punching the official is enough to kill him.
- It is possible to obtain Rocco's caged Caddy, as shown in this video. Unfortunately, this method requires the player to fail the mission, by killing Rocco and Tony.
- This mission is related to Grand Theft Auto IV mission Deconstruction for Beginners the union workers that the union official sells out are the ones Niko kills in that mission.
- Strangely, in this mission the mobster says the Columbus LibEl development is where the target would be, but in Bang Bang it's the Frankfort development.