(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||Sport compact coupé|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
The car's design, especially the front end and side profile is heavily influenced by that of the second generation Hyundai Coupe, which is also known as the Hyundai Tiburon in the US and Tuscani in Europe. The rear configuration seems to be a cross between the Hyundai Coupe and the 2006 Volvo S60. The headlights have a rather similar design to the Kuruma from GTA III.
The Prairie is a very good performer in the compact class. The engine seems to be a V6 like the original 2nd Generation Hyundai Tiburon. The acceleration takes a bit of time to get it to pick up its proper pace as it generates wheel spin, but can reach a relatively good top speed. Tests have found that the Prairie generates unusual but staggering acceleration going downhill with very little chance of making the front lose control which gives the car a good advantage in a race.
When cornering, the car is quite responsive, but not great. Its front wheel drive drivetrain ensures that the rear doesn't break traction when cornering, and there is very minimal oversteer. The car is capable of sharp cornering, though a bit of speed may be lost when doing so. Overall, it is a great car in its class and a good beginner car.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||135 / 217||
1400 / 3086
Mass cannot be observed.
- Commonly can be seen driving around in Rockford Hills, and West Vinewood including nearby neighborhoods such as Alta, Burton, Hawick, Vespucci and Pillbox Hill.
- Commonly seen around Vinewood, or near the Vinewood Race Track.
- Can be requested by Simeon which makes it more common to spawn.
- The default radio station for the Prairie is WorldWide FM.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, Prairie sells for $2,500 at Los Santos Customs.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, the Prairie is more common to find than in Single Player. However, the Prairie is now rarer to find in the 1.13 update.
- The Prairie shares its name with the Nissan Prairie, a station wagon sold as the Stanza wagon in the US.