(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||Sport compact coupé|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
The car's design, especially the front end and side profile is heavily influenced by that of the second generation Hyundai Coupe, which is also known as the Hyundai Tiburon in the US and Tuscani in Europe. The rear configuration seems to be a cross between the Hyundai Coupe and the 2006 Volvo S60. The headlights have a rather similar design to the Kuruma from GTA III.
The Prairie is a very good performer in the compact class. The engine seems to be a V6 like the original 2nd Generation Hyundai Tiburon. The acceleration takes a bit of time to get it to pick up its proper pace as it generates wheel spin, but can reach a relatively good top speed. Tests have found that the Prairie generates unusual but staggering acceleration going downhill with very little chance of making the front lose control which gives the car a good advantage in a race and can make it compete with cars from other classes such as the Sultan, Penumbra, Dominator, etc.
When cornering, the car is quite responsive, but not great. Its front wheel drive drivetrain ensures that the rear doesn't break traction when cornering, and there is very minimal oversteer. The car is capable of sharp cornering, though a bit of speed may be lost when doing so. Overall, it is a great car in its class and a good beginner car.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
2.7L V6 Delta Engine
Front wheel drive
5-Speed Manual & 5-Speed Automatic
1,300KG - 1,400KG
- Commonly can be seen driving around in Rockford Hills, and West Vinewood including nearby neighborhoods such as Alta, Burton, Hawick, and Pillbox Hill.
- Very rare in GTA Online.
- Has a higher possibility of spawning if the car is requested by Simeon Yetarian.
- The default radio station for the Prairie is WorldWide FM.
- The Prairie could be one of the most tuned up cars in GTA Online with upgrades featuring bumpers, spoilers, hood etc. along with sports car class, some muscle cars and super cars.
- It is proven that the Compacts class (along with the Bollokan Prairie) was available as the starting class for GTA Online during the first few days of GTA Online working before being switched to the Sedan Class.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, Prairie sells for $2,500 at Los Santos Customs.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, the Prairie is more common to find than in Single Player. However, the Prairie is now rarer to find in the 1.13 update.
- Despite being rare in GTA Online, it can still be found when driving another car in its class like the Dinka Blista.
- It is the only car in its class to have various modification options.
- The Prairie shares its name with the Nissan Prairie, a station wagon sold as the Stanza wagon in the US.