Joe H. Lawton
|Full name:||Joe H. Lawton|
|Also known as:||Socialist|
|Date of birth:||February 16th (Year Unknown)|
|Family:||Mrs. Lawton (Wife)|
Senator Lawton (Father)
|Main affiliation:||Devin Weston|
Von Crastenburg Family
|Businesses:||President of the United States|
President Lawton supports extending the Jingoism Act in order to protect freedom. Based on Thomas Stubbs' Bleeter, his birthday is on or around February 16th. As a very clever social commentary, he seems to get little, if ever, media attention in comparison to celebrities like Cloe Parker and Jill Von Crastenburg.
During the events of Grand Theft Auto V, Lawton is still president and is still barely covered by the media in favor of celebrities and other fluff news. This could mean that he was re-elected in 2012, as his second non-consecutive four year term would be over by 2016.
Joe Lawton is likely based on George W. Bush and Barack Obama. Joe and Bush, both succeeded their fathers as presidents of the United States. Barack Obama was elected in 2008, and got a second term after being elected again in 2012. Joe Lawton supports spying on citizens, which is what the NSA was discovered during Obama second term. Lawton is also called a socialist.
- Devin Weston once claimed that Joe Lawton allowed him to finger the president's wife. It is unknown if this is true.
- According to John Smith on WKTT, Lawton's father was the president before Joe, much like George W. Bush after his father George H.W. Bush.
- According to WKTT's Conspire show, Lawton went to University of San Fierro and was in the same fraternity as a major credit card company CEO. However, Conspire's authenticity is highly questionable, and they also claim that Lawton resurrected his own father from the dead.
- Ron says he is a drug addict and related to the Illuminati, but given to his conspiracionist nature, this mostly likely isn't true.
- Joe is most likely left-winged, as a sign in South Los Santos in Grand Theft Auto V says, "Impeach the Socialist!"
- This is also a reference to how Barack Obama is often called a socialist by those who do not support him.
- In a Weazel News report entitled "Recession is over!", an old, suited man is shown surrounded by three other men in front of what appears to be the White House. It is likely that this man is President Lawton as the article is about him announcing that the recession is over. He is seen wearing a black suit jacket, a blue dress shirt, and a red tie with different shades of red on it.