- "You want to take up sports? Maybe you just like hanging out at the mall. Either way, you need expensive designer sports wear. And there is no better than ProLaps. Unless you like Eris more, but that is a matter of taste, for people with no taste."
- — GTA San Andreas Website
ProLaps stores in San Andreas are accessible to the player, however they're inaccessible in GTA IV. It is based on the real-life clothing brand Reebok. The company's slogan is "Train Hard". On many billboards in San Andreas, an "S" is spray-painted in front of the 'Train' making the motto "Strain Hard".
The owner of the store in GTA San Andreas is implied to be a homosexual. This is apparent based on the comments he gives the player such as, "You're welcome anytime, honey buns" or "We have a wide range of thongs, too".
In Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, the Biker gang members in a couple of missions are seen wearing t-shirts with the ProLaps logo on them and an advertising billboard for the store is in Chinatown, Portland.
In Grand Theft Auto IV, ProLaps still exists though is not interactive to the player as a store; the game's rendition of ProLaps is depicted during The Ballad of Gay Tony with an expanded product line, including fighting gloves (as seen in Momma's Boy), parachutes, and golf carts. In The Lost and Damned, ProLaps appears on a banner in the basement of the Angels of Death HQ in the Mission Action/Reaction. In all three IV titles several pedestrians can be seen wearing ski jackets manufactured by ProLaps.
|Vehicle||Style||Based On (HD Universe)||Notes|
Clothing in GTA San Andreas
|Item||Respect % +||Sex Appeal % +||Price|
|ProLaps Black T||7||10||$50|
|Black Track Pants||5||5||$120|
|Blue Track Pants||5||5||$140|
|Green Cap (Back)||1||0||$40|
|Green Cap (Side)||1||0||$40|
|Green Cap (Tilt)||1||0||$40|
|Green Cap (Up)||1||0||$40|
|Vehicle||Style||Based on (GTA IV)||Notes|
|Caddy||Golf Buggy||Club Car Precedent||Features an electric engine but has a starter sound.|
GTA San Andreas
- The name Prolaps is a play on the word Prolapse, more specifically, a Rectal Prolapse. Together with the store's motto "[S]Train Hard", the joke behind the name is revealed, as a rectal prolapse is commonly caused by intense/prolonged straining during defecation.
- Gay Tony occasionally wears ProLaps sportswear instead of his typical business suit, specifically in the missions involving the diamonds where he is present (Frosting on the Cake/Diamonds in the Rough and Ladies Half Price/Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend).
- In Playboy X's room in his safehouse, you can see a shoe box purchased in ProLaps.
- Luis's fight club tee is manufactured by ProLaps.
- The parachute in TBoGT is manufactured by ProLaps.
- Rocco drives a ProLaps Caddy with a safety cage in Practice Swing.
|Albany • Annis • Benefactor • BF • Bollokan • Bravado • Brute • Buckingham • Canis • Chariot • Cheval • Classique • Coil • Declasse • Dewbauchee • Dinka • DUDE • Dundreary • Emperor • Enus • Fathom • Gallivanter • Grotti • Hijak • HVY • Imponte • Invetero • Jacksheepe • Jobuilt • Karin • Lampadati • Liberty Chop Shop • Liberty City Cycles • Maibatsu Corporation • Mammoth • MTL • Nagasaki • Obey • Ocelot • Overflod • Pegassi • Pfister • Principe • ProLaps • Schyster • Shitzu • Speedophile • Stanley • Steel Horse • Truffade • Übermacht • Vapid • Weeny • Vulcar • Western Company • Western Motorcycle Company • Willard • Zirconium|