Welcome to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
You may apply for Rollback Rights or Administrator privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
Requests for Oversight and Checkuser must be done at Wikia Central (and they'll probably be declined).
Rollback is a tool that allows users to quickly revert vandalism.
Administrators have the power to block and ban users, protect pages, move images, and delete pages and images, in addition to rollback.
To qualify for rollback rights, editors must have been active for two months with no rules violations. Rollbackers must receive a 60% 'yes' percentage to be promoted.
To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active for four months with no rules violations. Administrators must receive a 70% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Those applying for adminship will likely be asked questions on how they deal with certain situations. This is to see if a user has the capabilities of being an administrator.
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at bureaucrat discretion. Only bureaucrats should close votes.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users votes, such as changing a no to a yes, will have their request closed immediately.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
Requests where the voting has finished can be found at
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2011-12
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2013
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Jan 2014 Administrator Election
As said in the last request, Istalo has been very inactive for quite a long time. He came to the last request saying that he will try to be active more, which he hasn't been, but the thing that stood out for me the most in his comment was the fact he said that he was "too lazy to log-in". Do we really want a Patroller who is too lazy to do his duties? I'd say personally that that is a waste of a Patroller position. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 09:40, August 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Just move him to inactive and forget about him like I said last time. Limits on the amount of patrollers aren't strict like limits on the amount of administrators, and IMO if you kick them when they're losing interest by taking away the patroller spot, they're less likely to return. That being said, the "I'm too lazy to edit" thing was annoying, especially since he wasn't too lazy to edit his user page - take away userpage edits and he hasn't edited in 6 months. Jeff (talk·stalk) 20:11, August 18, 2014 (UTC)
- I agree with Jeff. Tom Talk 12:03, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
I'm aware that demoting someone for something they did on another wiki is very unusual, but AK-28 was involved in a situation on GTA Myths Wiki that makes me think he shouldn't be trusted to be a member of this community at all, let alone a patroller.
Over on GTA Myths Wiki, Sasquatch101's co-bureaucrat Gunshow2/CommunistOverlordJim formed a secret committee with the intention of ousting Sasquatch and taking over the wiki. AK-28 (an administrator over there) was an eager participant. He also made a particularly boneheaded move in blocking Sasquatch and thinking that it meant Sasquatch was no longer a bureaucrat, then tried to seize the bureaucrat position for himself.
My only prior interaction with AK-28 was chewing him out for recommending that another patroller (I think it was Cloudkit) block another user from Chat so that the user would "respect his authority." Because it was one thing I let it go at the time. However, this recent incident, even though it happened on a different wiki, has convinced me that AK-28 cannot be trusted at all to be a member of the GTA Wiki community.
- Please note the image taken from a facebook chat in which AK-28 advocates ruining a wiki. Jeff (talk·stalk) 19:27, August 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Demote and ban - Jeff (talk·stalk)
- Demote and ban - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 09:52, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Demote and ban - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 10:56, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Demote but don't ban - Tom Talk 13:20, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Demote but don't ban - Leo68 (talk) 22:13, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Demote but don't ban - Dodo8 Talk 10:07, August 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Demote but don't ban - iLan ~ "'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all..." (XD • Edits ) 11:01, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Demote, but don't ban --Tony1998 (Talker * Blogger * Stalker)-- 04:11, August 21, 2014 (UTC)
- That certainly shows a lack of respect and trust with a user, so would he be appropriate on this wiki? No, trust is major to keep respect amongst the staff, but being such a new patroller, I don't want to tarnish my name by voting until there is a majority vote here. Leo68 (talk) 04:15, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't want to overstep my boundries and vote since I've been inactive a while. However I do want to reafirm what Jeff said as if it wasn't for him I would have been Blocked and kicked off the wiki I created. There was substantial lies about me and other in the staff that were formed on an off site facebook page which is where this select group could hold the wiki hostage and call the shots. The user who headed this underground group Gunshow2, admitted to everything and more in this  final thead post before he was banned along with his cronies. I highly suggest that the users here think carefully about this motion to demote AK28 and prevent Ragequit's promotion as they can't be trusted and will still use their secret facebook page to manipulate the community votes here. Sasquatch101 (talk) 04:49, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- You caught me off-guard. I didn't know about this incident until now. And even if it was in another Wiki, Jeff, good sense tells me that if he did it in another wiki, nothing would prevent him from doing it here. Things like this usually aren't punctual events, they are part of someone's personality and whenever the possibility is there, will re-surface. Rhem fooled me alright...I didn't think he would have done this. Just goes to show, you never fully know the person in the other side of the computer screen. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 10:56, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- To avoid conflict I won't mention my feelings for the Myths Wiki, but there has been an obvious rift there for some time. I respect the right for the community to vote on demoting users, but this whole secret committee thing is very worrying, we can't allow users willing to participate in that kind of thing to serve as staff on this Wiki, as I for one would lose faith in our current voting system. My only defence for them would be that I get the feeling that Sasquatch would be unwilling to allow a vote on his position as a b'crat, but still, this is not the proper way to handle things. I support the motion to demote AK-28 fully, but I don't believe that he should be banned as this was an issue on another Wiki. Tom Talk 13:16, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- I wasn't plotting to take over the myths wiki, as Jeff said. Sasquatch101 was abusing his powers by deleting community votes, in order to save a friend of his. And by the way, why would I take over the myths wiki? I'm already in a respectful position there. And… if you all want demote me can you please just demote rather than demote and ban me. AK-28 (Talk ⋆ Edits) 17:13, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- All I wanted to do was to bring the two wikis together, and now you all call me a back stabber? AK-28 (Talk ⋆ Edits) 17:43, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Please read this...
- Jim created a group chat on Facebook named Boomer's Downfall.
- Jim invited me to the group, and after I saw what Boomer did to TheAvargeAnarchist and Funktasm, I joined.
- TAA created the demotion request but most of the voter where set up by Jim.
- Sasquatch deletes the request and block TAA
- Jim created another demotion request. This time the demotion request was more legit, however Sasquatch deleted it.
- Jim contacted Wikia Staff and they told him if Sasquatch deletes another request they will act.
- Jim told me to create another request and gave me the text to paste as I created it.See the proof
- I created the request and Sasquatch deletes it, however Wikia staff didn't act.
- Jim contacted another member of Wikia staff, and the told him the vote should be on a forum thread.
- Jim created a forum thread, then Sasquatch deleted it and blocked Jim.
- Jim told me 1-Unblock him 2-Block both Sasquatch and Boomer so the won't deleted the request. 3- Apply to bureaucrat position then promote him, RageQuit, and Ls11sValutBoy to the same position. (See the proofs 1,2)
- Thommas was with us, however I was the only one to be threatened here
- You are once again trying to lie to the community and act like you were taken advantage of when you were a more than willing participent. Actions speak louder than words and what you, Gunshow and his proxies did was show how none of you can be trusted. Here is more evidence  of how dangerous this user and his "buddies" can be when they form a secret alliance. Vaultboy exposed the whole thing to me here . Sasquatch101 (talk) 21:23, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- And here is the reason why he should not be a member of any communtiy let alone staff member. He said this about the GTA Myths Wiki in a chat. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 21:35, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- I declare my resignation, this request should be closed… AK-28 (Talk ⋆ Edits) 22:03, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- I think that by deciding to stand down, I'm going to reccomend a demotion, but not a ban. Leo68 (talk) 22:14, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- After reading about the whole incident (honestly, "mess" would be a more fitting name -_-) again and again, I vote to demote Rhem, but not to ban him from the wiki. -- iLan ~ "'I'm no hero... Never was, never will be." (XD • Edits ) 11:30, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
RageQuit - Patroller
Hello, my name is RageQuit aka Steve. I would like to request for Patroller rights on this wiki. I have been on this wiki since 2011, and I have accumulated a total of around 2,400 edits. I am very knowledgeable about the GTA series, and in my time here, I have never been blocked or involved in an argument or conflict with any staff. I understand all the policies of the wiki, and I like skimming through pages with the Random button, and checking other users' edits to ensure that the information on this wiki is of high quality and free of errors. I am very vigilant of spam and vandalism. Also, I am already an admin on two other wikis, one of which is actually a GTA Wiki affiliate. I have protected the GTA WIki from vandalism several times by undoing edits and leaving warnings on their talk pages, and/or messaging an admin about it. I have created several pages on this wiki, and I make sure my grammar and spelling are precise and free of errors. I am a civil and friendly user. Finally, I am very active on this wiki, and I try to edit here every day of the week. I think it is time for me to move up the hypothetical "wiki ladder", and it will always be my mission to ensure that this wiki remains the most complete and comprehensive database about the GTA series. Thanks for taking your time to read this, and I hope you consider my request. RageQuit Talk 17:37, August 8, 2014 (UTC)
- No - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 17:49, August 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 19:47, August 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - () 04:11, August 9, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
YesNeutral - Dodo8 Talk 11:38, August 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - AK-28 (Talk ⋆ Edits) 18:36, August 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral- Leo68 (talk) 18:43, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Messi1983 (talk) 10:38, August 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Recuse - --Tony1998 (Talker * Blogger * Stalker)-- 01:00, August 14, 2014 (UTC)
NO- Jeff (talk·stalk)
- Not Voting - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 11:03, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - Tom Talk 13:20, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - iLan ~ "'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all..." (XD • Edits ) 10:56, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - istalo 03:25, August 21, 2014 (UTC)
- I've known Steve for a very long time now and he is probably the most competant user I've ever seen to be a Patroller, let alone Administrator. I have yet to see a single bad edit by Steve. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 17:49, August 8, 2014 (UTC)
- I remember RageQuit all the way back when I first joined. He has always made good edits in the past and contributed a whole lot to the Wiki. Not only is he a good user, he also seems to be fit as a Patroller. I'd say yes!
- Yes isn't even a good enough answer for me. Triple yes for this guy. RageQuit is an amazing contributor. He helps out with situations against users causing trouble, and he is also a great admin back on the GTA Myths Wiki. He is also very friendly towards users and staff. This guy truly deserves the position to be a patroller here. No doubt. () 04:11, August 9, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- In light of recent events, I am changing my vote to neutral. Leo68 (talk) 03:50, August 21, 2014 (UTC)
- I realize that this vote is currently 100% unanimous and that it actually should have been closed over a week ago, but because RageQuit was part of the same group as AK-28 (see the above demotion request) I vote no on the grounds that I do not want such an untrustworthy user holding advanced user rights on GTA Wiki. Jeff (talk·stalk) 04:38, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Changing my vote from Yes to Recuse. --Tony1998 (Talker * Blogger * Stalker)-- 23:30, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- I haven't been here enough time, lately to know you so well that I recommend you or refuse to help you with patrollership. Good luck. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 11:03, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- In light of recent events, I'm keeping this vote open for a further week. I would advise everyone to rethink their votes. Tom Talk 13:20, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- @Jeff, I understand your concern, but you have to understand that me being a part of that little "revolutionary" group was one of the largest mistakes I have ever made in my wiki "career", and I regret it fully. I got caught up in it, and I shouldn't have, and I have to accept that. I won't make the same mistake here, as I am not looking for any enemies or fights. But in the 3+ years that I have been a part of this wiki, there have been no problems or conflicts with me whatsoever, other than with the ocassional argument with a vandal. RageQuit Talk 18:27, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Well as I've been inactive for over a month I don't know you so, I'm neutral... istalo (talk) 03:25, August 21, 2014 (UTC)
Istalo - Demotion
Istalo has been inactive for a while now. He has made only 3 edits in the last 3 months, each being at the start of each month and being an edit to his user page. He hasn't done this for July as the last one was at the start of June meaning that in the next few days, he will have been inactive for 2 months. This is not a very good staff member as the Patrollers are here to patrol for vandals, something of which he can't be doing if he is only active once a month. He has also failed to log in since the end of June. I think that Istalo should be demoted so that more active patrollers can be put in place instead. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 14:49, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 15:13, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 15:18, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes- () 15:37, July 31, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Yes - --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 16:37, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 17:04, August 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Dodo8 Talk 11:38, August 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Mhm, I support the demotion. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 15:13, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- If a staff member has been inactive for too long, then you know what to do. Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 15:18, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- I agree with Carl Johnson Jr. () 15:38, July 31, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- I agree with the testaments above. He is very inactive. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 16:37, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Hey, what's up? Just came by to let you know that I ain't voting, because I myself have been less active, because I haven't quite found the time to tune in to Wikia again. Hopefully this month I'll make a grandious comeback with lots of edits. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 18:58, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- I've pretty much gone missing this year as well, though things have improved recently. Maybe the staff slot would be more effective if filled with another more active user. As I've had a similar situation to Mikey (only having made 153 edits since the start of the year at this moment in time), I make this decision nervously. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 17:04, August 2, 2014 (UTC)
- He isn't preventing a user from being promoted. We have two vacancies for patrollers and we've only had one request for promotion since the end of April. Having said that, no main page edit for 5 months definitely constitutes inactivity. I'll message him and see if he replies before I vote. Tom Talk 09:54, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
- It's not really necessary to demote him - just move him to inactive like was done with Bob.cutlass2. That being said I'm not going to vote against demoting him. Jeff (talk·stalk) 14:58, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Guys sorry, I just lost my PC last month, I'll try being more active now, I was too lazy to log-in too, really, sorry, I had to borrow a friend's laptop till the one I bought arrives, and I'm lazy trying to do my stuff in this damn thing, just... sorry, I'll be making edits tomorrow. User:Istalo (talk) 00:24 August 4, 2014 (UTC)
Leon Davis - Patroller
Hi, my name is Leon Davis. I have been active here for over a year, I am an active user, know a lot about the GTA series, I am vigilant about vandalism and spam, and I am very capable using grammar and spelling. I'm also admin on another wiki, so I was hoping to be Patroller here. Leo68 (talk) 05:01, July 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 14:41, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 15:13, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 15:18, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes- () 15:37, July 31, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Yes - --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 16:37, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- I think you have enough experience and edits to qualify for Patroller. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 14:41, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Looking at your past contributions, I'd say you do a pretty fine job as a Patroller. Not only that, but you seem to follow the rules well and have gained enough experience. Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 15:18, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
- He is loyal, he follows our policy and knows how to edit properly and communicate with other users. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 16:37, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I am Smashbro8. I have already requested for promotion to be a patroller early this year in January. However, I have failed to become a patroller, due to the fact that I did not understand the Image Policy and did not know right from wrong on the wiki. However, I have now understood these clearly and now always take a look at the Image Policy before I upload any images. I have also warned certain users about the Image Policy when another patroller was not currently active on the wiki. I have also protected the wiki from vandalism such as undoing edits by vandals and reporting them to patrollers or admins. I am a very civil user and will warn users for uncivil behavior. If they continue to behave such ways, I will report them to an admin and have them be blocked. Another reason why I believe I should be a patroller is because I always keep GTA Wiki up and am always checking it, even if I do not edit at the moment. I also believe that vandals attempt to ruin the wiki when admins and patrollers are not active, for I have seen vandalism occuring several times around midnight or early morning (such as 7:00 am or earlier). I have also created many successful pages on the wiki such as Designer Slave, the Paleto Forest Sawmill, Famous Hamburgers, Golden Buns Bakery, the Clucking Bell Farms, Craig Connor, Ian Scott McGregor, Palomino Avenue, Rex's Diner, Horny's Burgers, and many more. I am currently homeschooled so I am available to patrol the wiki at any time possible, even when admins and patrollers are not available. I hope that this request is successful enough. Thank you for taking your time to read this. () 02:53, April 26, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Yes - Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 03:52, April 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 06:13, April 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - ( ★ ) 09:44, April 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Dodo8 Talk 09:53, April 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:49, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
NoYes Boomer8 (talk) 06:07, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 14:55, May 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Tom Talk 17:55, May 2, 2014 (UTC)
- I have known you for so long, Smashbro. And I realise that you have good potential to be a staff member. You follow our policy and also remain civil. That's what makes good material for a patroller, my friend. Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 03:52, April 26, 2014 (UTC)
- You're a good editor, you report vandals, you present the reasons why you think you should earn yourself patrollership...I'm giving you a positive vote. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 09:55, April 26, 2014 (UTC)
- You are very active and have made many contributions to the wiki. I can not think of a better candidate for Patroller. Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:49, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
- It took me a while to make my decision on this one. Smashbro definately has enough edits and is active enough to be a patroller, but as bureaucrats have said in the past : just because there is a staff position open, doesn't mean it should be filled right away. Smashbro and I have gotten in multiple disagreements on blog posts based off our conflicting opinions on Saints Row and GTA. He has apologized for this which I accept fully, but someone who downtalks GTA V along with IV and highly endorses the Saints Row series (a GTA clone) I just don't think should really be a patroller. You can even see Saints Row stuff on his profile. Any GTA Wiki staff member should have a strong passion for the GTA series and shouldn't try to uptalk an obvious clone of a game which is the subject of this wiki. I don't dislike Smashbro, but I just can't see myself voting yes for someone who endorses a GTA clone as much as he does. Its nothing personal, its just gaming. Boomer8 (talk) 06:07, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
- After seeing how Smashbro has handled this situation with that vandal, I'm 100% convinced that he has the capability of being an amazing patroller (even though he's a SR lover). :) Boomer8 (talk) 05:37, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
- Boomer, don't vote 'no' just because "he likes Saints Row over GTA" - that's not a valid reason. It's not important if one prefers SR over GTA or vice-versa. Just because Smashbro was disappointed with one or two games doesn't mean he dislikes the series. McJeff too disliked the post-GTA III Era games; was that ever a problem? Of course not! In the end what matters is that Smashbro is a good editor with some brilliant contributes. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 14:55, May 2, 2014 (UTC)
Carl Johnson Jr. - Patroller
- Closed 22:32, February 9, 2014 (UTC) as Successful
Hello, I'm Carl Johnson Jr! After doing more than 2,500 edits on this wiki, I've decided that it's time to rise up as a patroller. I tend to patrol this wiki several times throughout the day. When I first joined, I mostly made edits about grammar, punctuation, etc. When Grand Theft Auto V came out, I was shocked at how many articles were still not made/cleaned up. I was inspired by how well written the Liberty City (HD Universe) articles were written, so I modelled my style of writing towards them. I'm responsible for adding details and better descriptions in articles like Paleto Bay, along with adding new images. I also made various articles like Puerto Del Sol. The random page button also helps me clean up the wiki overall, and also allows me to suggest to admins on changing some page names I find. I feel that I'm ready to make a jump to patroller. Thank you for taking your time to read this! Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 17:35, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Undecided - Dodo8 Talk 19:05, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 19:34, February 1, 2014 (UTC)\
- Yes- ( ★ ) 20:54, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - Jeff (talk|stalk) 19:44, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Messi1983 (talk) 20:54, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 19:01, February 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Tom Talk 22:31, February 9, 2014 (UTC)
- I think you would do well as a patroller. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 19:34, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- You have a nice contributing history, so I gave you my vote. ( ★ ) 20:54, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- I think you'd do a good job as a patroller. Messi1983 (talk) 20:54, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
- After thinking about it for a while, I can see that you follow our policies, you're civil and cooperative. So I don't see any problem in promoting you. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 19:01, February 6, 2014 (UTC)
Hi I am Smashbro8! I am a common editor on this wiki and I would like to be a patroller on the wiki. I have been on this wiki from since June 2013/July 2013. I started off as a minor editor but I began to help out the wiki with other stuff, specifically stuff containing Grand Theft Auto V. I've also created pages on my own such as Horny's Burgers, the Paleto Forest Sawmill, Designer Slave, Palomino Avenue, and Rex's Diner. I would like to be a patroller because I enjoy this wiki. Also, the wiki is randomly attacked by vandals, uncivil users, etc. I constantly watch over the wiki 24/7, however I am hesitant about undoing edits, and warning users due to my lack of staff powers and I also am not sure when I am correct or wrong. I also think that there should a patroller to patrol the wiki during the early morning and late nights, since I see this time as the time for editors to make nonsense on the page. I do not go to public school, and I am homeschooled, giving me the time to do work and look over the wiki as often as possible. I am a very helpful editor and am also very close to many editors on the wiki, making it easy for us to work together on stuff. I am also a good admin, as seen on Wii Wiki and Driv3r Wiki from the "My Favorite Wikis" section of my user page, however, I'll leave that for another year. Let me know what you all think! Thanks! Smashbro8 (talk) 21:48, January 26, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- No - Simply not qualified, considering that we decided we need to be much more selective about promoting people to patroller after a couple got promoted on "I edit a lot" without actually knowing the rules. You say "I am hesitant about undoing edits, and warning users due to my lack of staff powers and I also am not sure when I am correct or wrong" - If you don't know whether you're right or wrong you should be asking other editors and making posts on the article talk pages. I notice your images don't follow GTA Wiki:Image Policy. You also say there's heavy vandalism, but it's actually lighter than usual and hasn't been severe enough for anyone to bother bringing it to the attention of any of the bureaucrats.
This isn't a "never" vote. If you're interested in becoming a patroller, the bureaucrats are usually glad to help teach new users learn what they need to do to get promoted, and plenty of editors have failed their first request for promotion and been promoted later. However, speaking for myself I intend to be very careful about promoting underqualified users. Jeff (talk|stalk) 22:17, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
YesNo - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 12:38, January 31, 2014 (UTC) Yes (with conditions)No --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 22:17, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- No - Tom Talk 22:44, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
YesNo- ( ★ ) 10:48, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- No - Dodo8 Talk 15:45, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- @McJeff. I clearly understand where you are coming from. Somethings I have written wrong in my request. I will undo edits and there are many times me, Cloudkit01 and other users had to report users to The Tom. The wiki does be under attack sometimes by vandals and other types of uncivil users and I have made reports to The Tom about them several times. Also, I try my best to follow the Image Policy, which however, is rather confusing to me. Sorry! Smashbro8 (talk) 22:21, January 26, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- I know that there may be many problems, but just look at Thomas0802, he wasn't perfect at first but he's gradually gotten better. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 12:38, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- One thing that I noticed is how cooperatively and friendly you are. You helped us a lot since the release of GTA V. I can consider your edits very useful and meaningful, but I'll have to disagree with few aspects: Actually you don't need/should hesitate when undoing edits, because the matter is, as a patroller, hence the name, you're patrolling the Wiki. This means, you should know the difference between what's right and what's wrong, this can be clearly explained if you read all of our policies. And about the image policy, this is a serious subject and should be followed. Even if I control the edits and images, someone who has been around here for months should know this. So, before closing the comment, I'll need to be sure you're respecting the following subjects:
- Not yet. You don't know policies and Wikia in general well enough yet. I had a lot of issues with you initially, since then you've gotten a lot better - much more civil - but for me you're just not there yet. Maybe in the future. Tom Talk 22:44, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- @Thomas0802 and LS11sVaultBoy, if you think he needs to work on things, don't vote yes until he has proven his competence. You shouldn't vote yes because you think he can get better, he needs to get better before you vote yes. Tom Talk 22:44, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Patricularly true. How many time do you think we should we give him to prove it and apply again? Oh, and by the way, Carl Johnson Jr. is going to apply right now. Both concurring simultaneously, so what now? --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 23:38, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Nobody is perfect, so I gave you my vote, however you need to read and understand the policies. Being a patroller is about keeping this wiki strong and safe community, not the amount of edits you made. ( ★ ) 10:48, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- @Thomas I'd say a month or two, just enough time for him to show us he is capable of being a good patroller. We do the same vote with Carl. Tom Talk 11:58, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- @Smashbro, don't be disheartened by my vote, you're a good editor, you need to take the criticism on board - particularly Jeff's - and improve. You're still learning and you're doing the right thing by asking the staff plenty of questions. Tom Talk 11:58, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- OK The Tom, we shall do this in a month or so. I clearly understand the Image Policy now but I'm so confused on reverting multiple edits. Smashbro8 (talk) 15:27, February 1, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Most of your edits are good, you are civil, but I agree with the others, you should learn more about policies before becoming a patroller.Dodo8 Talk 15:45, February 1, 2014 (UTC)