Welcome to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
You may apply for Rollback Rights or Administrator privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
There are currently
Patrollers are given the Rollback tool that allows users to quickly revert vandalism.
Administrators have the power to block and ban users, protect pages, move images, and delete pages and images, in addition to rollback.
To qualify for rollback rights, editors must have been active for two months with no rules violations. Rollbackers must receive a 60% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Users who apply within three months of joining will face a three month probationary period. This may also apply in extreme situations such as inexperience or users who were previously demoted. At the end of the three months a review will be made by Bureaucrats and Administrators to determine whether or not the user will retain their rights.
To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active patrollers for four months with no rule violations. Administrators must receive a 70% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Those applying for adminship will likely be asked questions on how they deal with certain situations. This is to see if a user has the capabilities of being an administrator.
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at bureaucrat discretion. Only bureaucrats should close votes.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users votes, such as changing a no to a yes, will have their request closed immediately.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
Requests where the voting has finished can be found at
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2011-12
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2013
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Jan 2014 Administrator Election
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2014
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2014-15
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests Early 2015
Myth hunter - Patroller
Hello everyone, I am Myth hunter and I want apply for Patroller position on this wiki. I am regularly active here(Not edit regularly because I was a little busy this month but visit the wiki everyday). Chat moderating is also a part of Patroller and I am regularly available at chat. I have a good experience of being a patroller. I know how to use the tools. So, I would like to be promoted to protect the wiki from vandalism. - Myth hunter(Talk)
- Yes - (talk/stalk/blog) 15:31, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - () 16:02, April 21, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Yes (probation) - SJWalker (talk) 15:33, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Positive (probation) - (talk) | (stalk) 15:38, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes (probation) - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 15:50, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes (probation) - DocVinewood (talk) 16:23, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- You are a good user but you once had an infinite ban that was lifted. Yes, you have changed since September which is why it is not a no. Leo68 (talk) 15:26, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Even 558 got blocked once. (talk/stalk/blog) 15:32, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, I forgot about to tell about that ban in September. It was lifted the next day I was blocked. LSVault blocked me because I added some information on a wiki from GTA Wiki. At that time I didn't know about the plagiarism rule. I removed the info I added and talked to Vault and my block was lifted.Myth hunter
- Of all the Myths wiki representatives, Hunter is the only one who actually helps this wiki, by editing articles and reporting vandals, I think he deserves the spot. (talk/stalk/blog) 15:31, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- I've thought about it, and I'm putting my faith in you. However, taking into account what Leon said about your previous ban, I think probation would be best. SJWalker (talk) 15:33, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- I agree with Sam changing to a probation vote. It has helped already, Andre is a great example of how well it has worked. Leo68 (talk) 15:35, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Hunter is a very good contributer, however, I never saw the events Leon was on about, so I can't say YES without a probation. (talk) | (stalk) 15:38, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Seeing the work Myth has put in here, Myth deserves the job to me. He is also one of the few non-staff users who have helped change the community of this wiki, which is one of the most important things to look at when applying for promotion. () 16:02, April 21, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
- I think you could be a good patroller, but I recommend probation first. If you're active and keep your good work I'm sure you will get the position. DocVinewood (talk) 16:23, April 21, 2015 (UTC)