The Proximity Mines in GTA V
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars|
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Price:||$500 (Chinatown Wars)|
$1,000 (GTA V)
|Unlocked After:||Fame or Shame (GTA V)|
- "Leave a present to your friends with these motion sensor landmines. Short delay after activation."
- — In-game description, GTA V
When placed, any pedestrian or vehicle, including the player, will activate the proximity mine, beeping very fast and then, explodes. When placed onto a vehicle driven by an NPC or another player, it will take 1-2 seconds to activate and explode, making it a useful device.
However, the player only can carry 5 mines (unlike any throwable device), which means a faster drain. Due to the short delay, the player must be quick as possible.
- Price: $500
- Rating: 4
- Description: Once armed, the mine will detect any nearby movement and explode. Safety notice: once set, never go back to check it.
- In story mode, it becomes available in all three protagonist weapon inventory after the update is installed. (Only PS3 and X360 version)
- In story mode, it is available in Ammu-Nation after Fame or Shame is completed in the campaign. (Only PS4 and Xbox One version)
- Vehicle Mines in Grand Theft Auto 2.
- Land Mines, a cut weapon in Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.