The dealers ambushing the scene.
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories|
|Location:||Vice Point, Vice City|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Destruction of drug van, Vic dosen't get the drugs back in time|
|Unlocks:||Kill Phil: Part 2|
|Unlocked by:||Home's on the Range|
Vic goes to Gonzalez' apartment in Vice Point, after a short talk he informs him of some drugs in a lockup at Ocean Beach and he wants Vic to take them to a deal at Washington Beach. Once Vic arrives to the supposedly meeting point a Linerunner suddenly drives at full speed crashing into him. Vic, high on drugs, wakes up and receives a message from Gonzalez' who asks him how has the deal been. He goes to a nearby payphone informing Gonzalez' about the hit and Gonzalez' furiously tells him to kill the one's who stole it and take the drugs back to the original lockup. The attackers are over at a party in Starfish Island, Vic makes his way over there and kills all the enemies. He, then, takes the van and drives it over to the lockup while he's high on drugs. Upon arriving at the lockup in time, Gonzalez' thanks him for getting the drugs back and tells him about the end of their friendship.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Gonzalez's lockup
- Get the van containing the drugs
- Drive to the deal
- Go to the phone box
- Find the gang that ambushed you and recover whatever is left of the drugs
- Kill the gang that ambushed you and get whatever is left of the drugs to the lockup
- Get back into the van
- Drive the van back to the lockup
- The name of the mission is a reference to the song Purple Haze, by Jimi Hendrix.
- This mission is similar to Boomshine Saigon from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in that Victor becomes difficult to control due to being high.