R.S. & L. Bows is a family butchers business in Vice City in 1986 (and possibly in 2013 in Grand Theft Auto 2). Their slogan is "you can't beat our meat". The name refers to the crude English phrase "to know one's arse from one's elbow", or to have a basic level of common sense. In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Mules, Yankees, Boxvilles and Rumpos bearing the company's name and logo can be seen driving around Vice City although they are more common in the mainland than the beach. R.S & L.Bows Mules are either dark blue, grey or maroon in color. If a R.S. & L.Bows Mule's back door is broken off, meat carcasses can be seen inside.
Grand Theft Auto 2
There is a meat processing plant by the same name in Anywhere City in Grand Theft Auto 2. It is a primary location for one mission given by the Russian Mafia. The player must gather pedestrians with a bus and bring them to the plant. They are turned to Hot Dogs and served at The Kovski Diner. In the PlayStation version of the game, a Karma Bus is used and instead of pedestrians, the player gathers members of the Hare Krishna.
- If pronounced fastly, R. S. & L. Bows sound like "Arse and Elbows"
- If a R.S. & L.Bows Mule's back door is broken off, meat carcasses can be seen inside.
- The name R.S. & L.Bows is a joke from Rockstar. It refers to the crude English phrase "to know one's arse from one's elbow" or in other words, to have a basic level of common sense.
- The company's slogan is also a sex joke from Rockstar, as "beat our meat" is sexual slang that means to masturbate.
- The company shares its slogan with Chihuahua Hotdogs in Grand Theft Auto IV.