Radio Mirror Park
|Location:||Mirror Park, Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Genre:||Synthpop, Indietronica, Electropop, New Wave, Chillwave, Nu-disco, Psychedelic Pop, Synthwave|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Host:||George Lewis Jr.|
- "Indie modern rock from the underground."
- ―GTA V Website
- Battle Tapes - Feel the Same (2012)
- Dan Croll - From Nowhere (Baardsen Remix) (2012)
- DJ Mehdi - Lucky Boy (Outlines Remix) (2006)
- Feathers - Dark Matter (2013)
- Jai Paul - Jasmine (Demo Version) (2012)
- Living Days - Little White Lie (2010)
- Miami Horror - Sometimes (2009)
- Tony Castles - Heart In The Pipes (KAUF Remix) (2011)
- Toro Y Moi - So Many Details (2012)
- Twin Shadow - Shooting Holes (2010)
- Twin Shadow - Old Love / New Love (2013)
- Y.A.C.H.T. - Psychic City (Classixx Remix) (2009)
- Black Strobe - Boogie in Zero Gravity (2012)
- Age of Consent - Colours (2013)
- Favored Nations - The Set Up (2013)
- Neon Indian - Change Of Coasts (2013)
- Nite Jewel - Nowhere To Go (2013)
- Yeasayer - Don't Come Close (2013)
- The Chain Gang of 1974 - Sleepwalking (2014)
- Poolside - Do You Believe? (2010)
- The C90s - Shine A Light (Flight Facilities Remix) (2010)
- HEALTH - High Pressure Dave (2013)
Exclusive for PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions
- The Ruby Suns - In Real Life (2013) *
- Neon Indian - Polish Girl (2011)
- Mitzi - Truly Alive (2013) *
- KAUF - When You're Out (2013)
- Panama - Always (2014)
- Twin Shadow - Forget (2010)
- !!! - One Girl/One Boy (2013) *
- SBTRKT feat. Roses Gabor - Pharaohs (2011)
- Yeasayer - O.N.E. (2010) *
- Toro Y Moi - New Beat (2011) *
- Niki and he Dove - The Drummer (2011) *
- Little Dragon - Crystalfim (2009)
- Hot Chip - Flutes (2012)
- Dom - Living In America (2010)
- Holy Ghost! - Hold On (2011)
- Scenic - Mesmerised (2013)
- Cut Copy - Strangers in the Wind (2008)
- Age of Consent - Heartbreak (2012)
( * These songs were originally cut from previous-gen releases)
George: "Radio Mirror Park. If you have a request, we don't take emails, or bleets, or even phone calls. Get a fountain pen, and some paper and write us a letter. Seal it with wax from your own special seal, make a collage, do something artistic for once! Art is whatever you say it is, especially if you're charging other people for it. But Radio Mirror Park is the ultimate art. Art that disappears a few seconds later, and you could tell your friends how good it was, and they can all wish they were there. That's what feels irony - envy."
George: "I cannot believe it! Someone stole my bike last week! What's wrong with people? I was just at a farmer's market, trying to find some locally made, organic cat litter. I don't have a cat, I just don't believe in water rights, so I use the stuff myself. It's really freeing. Anyway, the bike, yeah. I was gone, maybe, an hour. I came back, the bike - gone. And before you ask, no, it was not a fixie, I'm not a cliché, don't be ridiculous. It was a penny farthing. That is a bike with meaning."
George: "They say "You are what you eat", they also say "If bird in the hand is worth two in a bush", which reminds me: I'm going to a chef tasting at a famous chef's house tonight, invite only. They're serving braised parakeet crab cakes. Organic, of course."
GTA V's trackID.gxt2 database reveals many more songs were planned to appear on the station but were not included in the final version.
- Ducktails - Assistant Director (2013)
- Friendly Fires - Hurting (2011)
- Future Islands - Before the Bridge (2011)
- Gold Fields - Thunder (2013)
- Junior Boys - EP (2011)
- Miike Snow - Animal (2009)
- Moving Units - Until She Says (2011)
- Panama - One Piece (2013)
- The Shoes - Time to Dance (2010)
- Toro Y Moi - Day One (2013)
- Twin Shadow - Run My Heart (2012)
- All three end credit themes are from this station.
- "Don't Come Close" by Yeasayer is the end credit music for the mission "Something Sensible."
- "Sleepwalking" by The Chain Gang of 1974 is the end credit music for the mission "The Time's Come." and is also featured in the Grand Theft Auto V official trailer.
- "The Set Up" by Favored Nations is the end credit music for the mission, "The Third Way.".
- "Change of Coasts" by Neon Indian is the main theme music for Grand Theft Auto Online.
- "From Nowhere (Baardsen Remix)" by Dan Croll is featured in the PS4, Xbox One, and PC trailer for Grand Theft Auto V.
- "Shine A Light" by The C90s plays during Michael's hallucination during the mission "Did Somebody Say Yoga?" This song rarely plays on the station, and can sometimes take well over an hour to be repeated.
- With the addition of songs to the enhanced version, Radio Mirror Park now has 40 songs, making it the second largest radio station in the entire series (behind Non-Stop-Pop FM, which has 42 songs).
- This is possibly one of Michael De Santa's favorite radio stations, as it is one of the default radio stations in his Tailgater (alongside Los Santos Rock Radio and Vinewood Boulevard Radio).
- The station seems to be part of the hipster subculture. The in-game files list this station as "silverlake," a reference to the real-life Los Angeles neighbourhood of Silver Lake (which Mirror Park is based on), a neighbourhood known for its hipsters and indie music scene. The station's frequency, 88.9 FM, is also the frequency of KXLU, a Los Angeles radio station broadcasting from Loyola Marymount college that plays independent music and demos of up and coming artists.
- This station plays during all Sea Races, and can also be heard in Suburban and Binco clothing stores, and in the demo room of the Lifeinvader Office.
- The band HEALTH previously scored the soundtrack for Max Payne 3, another Rockstar developed title.
- One of the cut songs, "Animal" by Miike Snow, was already featured in The Ballad of Gay Tony rendition of Electro-Choc as a remix. The main album version was meant to be on this station.
- Some of the station's songs featured in the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions of GTA V are anachronistically featured as they were released in 2014, despite the storyline being set in 2013.
- Wave 103 - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories which also plays Synthpop and New Wave.
- Radio Broker - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes from Liberty City which also plays "hipster music" in the form of Indie rock and Dance-rock.