|For a similar vehicle, see Rancher|
(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door SUV|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
- "A pioneer of the mid-size SUV market during the 1980s and early 1990s, the Rancher harks back to a simpler time when you could still stick a metal box on wheels and call it a car."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description.
The Declasse Rancher XL is a four-door, mid-size SUV in Grand Theft Auto V. It is a four-door derivative of the Rancher from Grand Theft Auto IV, with a longer wheelbase — reminiscent of the FIB Rancher and Cartel from GTA III-era games.
The Rancher XL is based on the 1973-1991 Chevrolet Suburban but with a boxier design. It could also be based on a second generation Chevy K5 Blazer or 1984-1996 Jeep Wagoneer, since there is another SUV based on the Suburban, but newer generation. It also shares some styling (front and rear fascias) with the Dodge RamCharger, albeit being considerably larger.
- A snow-covered Rancher XL is used by the player during the Prologue mission. This particular variant has snow on its hood and roof, and features snow chains on its tires.
- The North Yankton State Patrol uses the Police Rancher, a police variant with same design as the standard model, but comes in white, NYSP liveries and a lightbar.
- Can be found around the lone building on the far southwest end of the Los Santos Airport and behind other hangars on the south end. Due to the immediate wanted level earned from entering the airport runway area, a Rancher XL here can be hard to obtain without owning a hangar.
- It can rarely be found driven around the streets of Los Santos.
- Can be also found in Chamberlain Hills and Strawberry.
- Can be bought for $9,000 on Southernsanandreassuperautos.com in GTA Online.
- In the Prologue mission, after the train crash, when Michael, Trevor, and Brad get out of the vehicle, there is an audible Door Ajar Chime coming out of it.