(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Civilian truck|
|Body style||2-door utility cab pickup truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
The truck features a very linear design, similar to that of a fourth generation Toyota Hilux. It features a chrome bumper that spans the entire width of the front and also a short distance of the front quarter area. Above the bumper there are rectangular headlamp units. Just above the front of the flared wheel arch, rear view mirrors are mounted.
The main body features plain paneling, the main body line of the truck is completely straight, as evidenced by the bottom edge of the door windows. Behind the doors the cab features a window whose bottom edge is in line with the bottom edge of the door handle. The wheelbase is spanned by side steps , mounted just beneath the body. The rear section also features the same flared wheel arches. The load bed area has an impressed area near the top, leaving a ledge at the top of the body for the load bed area. The load bed area features a six-point roll bar, which may appear with four spotlights on top, mounted just behind the the cab. The truck appears with six spoke wheels wrapped in high-profile tyres.
The rear of the truck features rectangular rear lamp units, between these there is an impressed area with large embossed lettering of the manufacturer Karin.
On road, the Rebel has ample acceleration and a reasonable top speed in line with other trucks. It stays flat in the corners for a truck it's size and height, and is somewhat sporty. It's ride however, is stiff and punishing. The Karin Rebel seats only two in it's spartan cab. Offroad, the Rebel is easily one of the best off road vehicles in the game. It's high ground clearance (thanks to the aftermarket "lift kit" it has recieved), 4-wheel drive and fat offroad tires makes the Rebel negotiate hills and rocks with ease. The engine provides ample power, and will easily cause wheel spin when going up steep and slippery hills. but if the driver eathers the throttle, the Rebel will make use of all of it's grip well and climb hills with ease. The Rebel can reach relatively high speeds offroad, and landing right from jumps has the suspension taking in all the impact, leaving the body undamaged. The truck has a short wheelbase, although "beaching" the truck is still a danger the driver must watch, especially when rock climbing with the truck. Despite the real life counter part's Toyota Hilux's invincible reliabilily, rusty versions of the Rebel will still occationally have trouble starting. In conclusion, the Rebel is a practical vehicle for any environment and had it seated two, would be one of the best vehicles in the game.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Rarely seen driving around Blaine County.
- Spawn located at the lumber mill in the Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness
- Can also spawn under the Raton Canyon Highway Bridge.
- Spawns more often when driving a Bobcat.
- Spawns much more often when driving a Rat Loader.
- The truck may appear with the text "4x4 REBEL", towards the rear of the sides of the load bed.
- This pickup truck highly resembles the Bobcat, present on previous games.
- In all three pieces of pre-release content, the truck was featured in, it had been destroyed by Trevor.
- The Rebel is listed under the "SUV's" category in GTA online, not "pickup trucks".
- There are two "Versions" of the Rebel, One version will have dirt on it, which cannot be removed by any means, even carwash. and the other version can be cleaned. The Dirty version is actually the most common one, it has many more modification options such as bed mods and bumpers which the clean does not. However the clean version has a trucker radio which occasionally goes off, like a police Radio.
- The name Rebel could be a reference to the Toyota Hilux's infamous usage as technicals for various insurgent forces around the world due to its exceptional, near-indestructible reliability (one popular example of this is the Toyota War that once occurred in 1987, taking place in the border between Chad and Libya, where the Chadian troops used Toyota pickup trucks as technicals).
- Somehow, the default appearance of the Karin Rebel resembles the Toyota Hilux that Top Gear UK abused years ago (assuming perfect condition, as it is lifted, has roll bars mounted on the loading bed and has similar wheel design despite the in-game version has a higher-profile tires and has different front fascia design).