|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Also known as:||Old Reece|
|Home:||Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Main affiliation:||Carl Johnson|
Beverly Johnson (formerly) (deceased)
Brian Johnson (formerly) (deceased)
Carl Johnson's father (formerly) (possibly deceased)
Big Smoke (formerly) (deceased)
Ryder (formerly) (deceased)
|Businesses:||Reece's Hair & Facial Studio|
"Old" Reece is a character who appears as a minor character in GTA San Andreas. He runs his own barber's shop, Reece's Hair & Facial Studio in Idlewood, Los Santos. He has known the Johnson family for a long time, evident by his memories of Carl Johnson's childhood and casual and relaxed attitude toward Carl. According to Ryder, Reece suffers from Alzheimer's disease, as Ryder claims Reece 'popped his membrane years ago'.
He remembers Carl Johnson's childhood, when his mother brought him to the barber shop and comments on how grown-up he is. Old Reece also apparently knows Big Smoke, as he asks Carl to tell Big Smoke to get a cut.
Reece can be killed at any time while the player is in his barber shop, though he will respawn the next time Carl enters the shop.
- GTA San Andreas
- Old Reece bears a strong resemblance to Morgan Freeman. Interestingly, Freeman's father was also a barber.
- Old Reece is the only character with a unique model (not counting girlfriends) that can be met while not on a mission.
- Also, he can be encountered in Vigilante, just like Denise Robinson.
- Old Reece sometimes tells CJ that his father used to get a cut just like CJ. It suggests that Old Reece knew CJ's father and possibly was friends with him.
- Old Reece tells Carl to tell Big Smoke to get a cut, despite the fact that Big Smoke is bald. He may also be heard telling CJ this even after the game's final mission, probably because he has Alzheimer's. This is also possibly a developer oversight, as Old Reece's comments towards Carl are completely random and may not follow the storyline.
- In the beta, Old Reece didn't have glasses and looked a bit different. This can be seen in a short video at GTA San Andreas's official site.