|Vehicle type||Civilian boat|
|Body style||Shipping/Fishing vessel|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Chinatown Wars
The Reefer is a recurring boat introduced in Grand Theft Auto III. To date, the Reefer has appeared in the following games:
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Based on a common shipping and fishing vessel, the Reefer is a slow yet durable fishing boat that can be obtained by a dock or on the water. Its name is a reference to the slang for marijuana plant. In addition to being slow, it can hold only one passenger despite its large size. It is also a very poor choice of vehicle in a police chase because it will be quickly destroyed by police boats and lacks the speed or maneuverability to evade them.
In GTA IV it has a plank on the front, which is exactly the same as the one found on the Orca in the movie Jaws. Also, unlike the previous renditions of the Reefer, the player can climb upon the roof of the cabin. The Reefer is not recommended for online play in GTA IV due to its slow speed which makes it an easy target for enemy machine guns or rocket launchers.
- GTA III
- GTA Vice City
- GTA San Andreas
- Docked at Esplanade North, San Fierro.
- Docked at Palisades, San Fierro.
- Docked at Ocean Docks,Los Santos.
- Many can be found in the coastal areas of San Andreas, especially the ones surrounding Los Santos Inlet/Back o' Beyond and Las Venturas.
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Docked at the jetty by Asuka's condo in Newport, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Docked at a small pier near the Vice City Junkyard in Little Haiti, Vice City.