This article is disambiguation page for Restricted Areas
The following is a list of links to pages that might share the same title.
Please follow one of the disambiguation links below or search to find the page you were looking for if it is not listed. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
There are many restricted areas throughout the Grand Theft Auto series, which are generally off-limits to the public, and the protagonist will gain an instant Wanted Level by entering these areas. Some areas are unlockable, and thus the player will not earn a wanted level after a certain point in the game, but others have permanent restrictions.
GTA Vice City
- Washington Beach Police Department - police station. Triggered when straying beyond the lobby or pulling out a firearm, but only if Tommy is not wearing a police uniform - two stars
- El Banco Corrupto Grande - a bank. Triggered if the player accesses the staff bureau after completion of The Job - four stars
GTA San Andreas
- Area 69, a secret military research facility - five stars. Flying over the military base for a brief period will not earn the player a wanted level.
- Easter Basin Naval Station - a military base - five stars
- Police Impound Garage - if seen without a law enforcement vehicle by a police officer, regardless of whether Carl is wearing a police uniform – three stars. Can be avoided by sneaking past the officers or entering in a police car.
- San Fierro, Whetstone and Flint County - before the mission "The Green Sabre" – four stars
- Tierra Robada, Bone County and Las Venturas - before the mission "Yay Ka-Boom-Boom" – four stars
- Francis International Airport runway - four stars (two stars if a helicopter is flown in the area)
- Civilization Committee complex - four stars (two stars if a helicopter is flown in the area)
- Alderney State Correctional Facility - a prison (restricted in TLAD and TBoGT only) - three stars
- Algonquin - before the mission Blow Your Cover - six stars
- Alderney - before the mission Three Leaf Clover - six stars
GTA V and GTA Online
- Bolingbroke Penitentiary - a prison - four stars (two stars if the player flies over the area)
- Fort Zancudo - a military base - four stars (two stars if the player briefly flies over the area)
- Humane Labs and Research - a chemical research company - four stars (GTA V only)
- Los Santos Golf Club - flying low over the course, driving a vehicle onto the course or trespassing on the course after hours - two stars
- Los Santos Naval Port, a Merryweather naval industrial storage yard – 4 stars (GTA V only)
- Los Santos International Airport, 3 stars (Trevor only).
- When flying over Fort Zancudo, Bolingbroke or the LSIA, a radio chatter will warn the player to leave the area immediately, or he'll be shot down. Notice the same message happens in Bolingbroke or the LSIA despite none of the two areas have means to shoot an aircraft down, only Fort Zancudo which is regularly patrolled by armed P-996 LAZERs.
- There is a glitch that cause the same warning to be sent to the player when flying over the Los Santos Golf Club, though it does not always happen.
- In GTA Online, the Lester service "Cops Turn Blind Eye On" will make all areas unrestricted, allowing the player to fully explore these within the time limit.