Reuniting the Family
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|For:||Michael De Santa|
|Location:||Michael's House, Rockford Hills|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
|Unlocked by:||Cleaning Out the Bureau|
The Ballad of Rocco (only if completed)
- Michael: "Listen, Amanda. I wanted...I've been meaning to say to you...Look, I just..."
- Jimmy: "What he's trying to say, Mom, is that he's a pathetic, old, drunken mess and he needs you, and you can do a lot better than a prima donna yoga instructor with an anal fixation."
- ―Michael apologizes to Amanda, with Jimmy's help.
Alone in his mansion, Michael falls asleep while watching a movie. When he awakes, Jimmy has appeared. Jimmy first apologizes for spiking Michael's drink, then proceeds to blame his father for Jimmy's own shortcomings before ultimately admitting that he misses his dad. He also tells Michael that Amanda is unhappy with her new life with Fabien. Motivated, Michael decides to reunite his family.
Michael and Jimmy drive to the nearby Bean Machine, where they find Amanda and Fabien. Fabien dismisses Michael and insults Amanda. Irate, Michael grabs the FruitBook laptop of a nearby patron and smashes it into the yoga instructor's face. Amanda is initially angry at Michael, but then admits that she misses him. She asks that they seek counseling. Michael agree. Amanda tells Michael that she'll meet him at the office of Dr. Isiah Friedlander. She then helps off a groggy Fabien.
Next, Michael and Jimmy go to find Tracey. She is at Blazing Tattoo on Vinewood Boulevard, where she is begging Lazlow Jones to be allowed to reappear in Fame or Shame; he says he will do so if she gives him a blow job. At this point, Michael and Jimmy appear. Michael, outraged by what he's just heard as well as Lazlow's previous actions in the mission Fame or Shame, attacks Lazlow, forcibly piercing Lazlow's nose, ear and brow, then tattooing a penis on Lazlow's chest or back (player's choice). Finally, Michael cuts off Lazlow's pony tail. Tracey, impressed by her father's devotion, agrees to go with him and Jimmy.
Michael and his children drive to the home of Dr. Friedlander, where Amanda is waiting. In the ensuing therapy session, Michael and Amanda become progressively more angry with each other while Jimmy and Tracey studiously ignore their parents' yelling. While little seems to be resolved in the session, once back outside Friedlander's office, Amanda agrees to return home and give their marriage another shot. Michael drives his family home, at which point the mission ends.
- Go to Bean Machine.
- Go to the tattoo parlor.
- Go to Dr. Friedlander's office.
- Go back to Michael's house.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Time - Complete within 10:30
"Following the ridicule he has received recently, self appointed anodyne metrosexual TV host Lazlow held a press conference yesterday to tell anyone concerned (of which there were only two of us), that his recent body modifications were 'forced on him'. In a rambling testimony, Lazlow kept talking of dark forces at work and bad men who wanted him dead, and that somehow this was not a midlife crisis. Lazlow's agent told us afterwards via cellphone "he is a great guy but he's been under a lot of stress with the show not doing so well and he's always been something of a fantasist. Best not take him too seriously."
- Amanda De Santa - "We can do this. I know now that this family is too irreparably damaged to have any hope of a normal relationship with anyone else. We're stuck with each other. And that's as close to a "I love you" as I've been in very long time."
- Tracey De Santa - "All those guy friends you've violently assaulted in the past and finally this time it might actually get me somewhere! Fame or Shame here I come!"
- Jimmy De Santa - "Physically assaulting annoying celebrities and yoga instructors! When it comes to father-son bonding that's so much more my speed!"
- @fabienlarouche - "I think my perfect Aquiline French nose is broken. So much negative energy. I am finished with older woman and their impacted colons."
- @Lazlow - "What is with these young female fans and their psycho dads? Btw, get ready for the unveiling of my sexy new bad boy look on the next episode of Fame or Shame! Ink and metal in, ponytail out!"
- The mission name is a reference to the mission from GTA San Andreas "Reuniting the Families".
- At the beginning of the mission cutscene when Michael turns on the TV, the movie he is watching is clearly made within L.A. Noire, as demonstrated by the vehicle and Cole Phelps walking down the stairs. L.A. Noire is a 2011 game published by Rockstar Games.
- Even if Michael has several million dollars, he will still tell Jimmy that he doesn't have enough money to buy him a car.
- Michael tells Jimmy that he will probably be dead in a few weeks. This foreshadows the choice B ending of GTA V.
- Each member of the De Santa Family will bleed out if shot even once by any weapon.
- Despite Dr. Friedlander warning Michael that family sessions are much more expensive, no money is taken from Michael's account after the session.
- Amanda will request that Michael stop seeing prostitutes as a condition of their getting back together, regardless of whether the player has actually done this activity (or booty calls) with Michael. Michael can still engage in such activities afterward, however, although he is no longer allowed to use his Tailgater for this purpose.
- Right after this mission is complete, the switch character cutscenes for Michael will depict him having a (relatively) more harmonious relationship with his family. For example, finished having sex with Amanda or dropping her off to go shopping, playing video games with Jimmy, avoiding losing his temper with Tracey during an argument and so on. If he's on his own away from the house he will no longer be seen moping; one possible scenario sees him being propositioned by prostitutes, but he states he's happily married. His statements upon returning to the mansion also become more upbeat, and if he encounters Jimmy, Tracey or Amanda wandering around the house (and indeed they are found in the house more frequently), they tend to react more friendly to him.
- After completing the mission, it becomes possible to play tennis against Amanda again in the backyard tennis court. The yoga activity remains available, too.
- Despite the mission ending with Tracey being allowed to compete on Fame or Shame, there is no further storyline gameplay involving this story thread; the eventual outcome of her participation (she is defeated in the audience vote by a trio of masturbating monkeys) is only learned via Weazel News reports and if the player times it right to see the Fame or Shame broadcast on TV (during which Tracey sings a song about her father and Lazlow references his run-in with Michael.