Rifle in GTA San Andreas
|Appearance(s):||GTA San Andreas|
|Weapon type:||Sniper rifle|
|Ammunition capacity:||1 round|
|Unlocked After:||Body Harvest|
The rifle or country rifle is a basic lever-action repeater rifle featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, taking the form of a Marlin Model 336. Hitting the aim button with this won't invoke an auto-target reticule, but instead skips straight to a free-aim mode. Given its lack of a lock-on feature and slow reloading, one might think it is rather pointless to use. However, with a per-bullet damage rate behind only to the sniper rifle, minigun, and desert eagle (at Gangster level and up), it does earn its keep in the hands of a decent marksman.
In The Truth's mission Body Harvest, Carl Johnson needs to rob a Combine Harvester from The Farm, just north of The Truth's farm in Leafy Hollow. The survivalists will start shooting Carl with rifles and attacking with shovels.
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Beside the pool in the rear of a house west of the Mulholland Safehouse. Said house is the one closest to a very high bridge.
- Back o' Beyond, Flint County - On a rock formation.
- Foster Valley, San Fierro - Near the southwest corner of Corvin Stadium. However it is unreachable as the rifle spawns behind the Corvin Stadium walls. See picture below.
- Available to buy at any Ammu-Nation store for $1,000 upon completion of Body Harvest.
- The Rifle has three weapon skills defined in the game's files, however only one is used in the game. However if you use the "Max Weapon Stats", a notification will say "Rifle - Hitman level reached."
- Many players had mistaken this rifle as an air rifle rather than firearm, possibly due to the quieter noise it makes.
- The rifle lacks the cocking animation. Instead, a cocking sound is played and the shooter just stands still until it's ready to fire again. And to add it up, no shells are ejected in each "cock".
- This is the only long-range rifle in the entire series to be non-scoped.
- In GTA San Andreas there is a glitch where if you press the aim button and then enter a motorcycle, the close-up aim view stays on, and the gray reticle stays in place in the middle of the screen. Exiting the motorcycle makes the view go back to normal.
- In the game's internal files, the Rifle is called "cuntgun". It may be a sexual joke, which is part of Rockstar's tradition or a possible misspelling.
- Although in the other versions of GTA San Andreas, the Rifle cannot be aimed in first person view, it is possible on the mobile version by tapping the target button (see the screenshot to the right).