|Also known as:||Country Rifle|
cuntgun (in game files)
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto San Andreas|
|Weapon type:||Sniper Rifles|
|Ammunition capacity:||1 round|
|Unlocked After:||Body Harvest|
It takes the form of a Marlin Model 336. Hitting the aim button with this won't invoke an auto-target reticule, but instead skips straight to a free-aim mode. Its per-bullet damage rate is behind only to the sniper rifle, minigun, and desert eagle (at Gangster level and up), however, given its lack of a lock-on feature and slow reloading, it's not a good choice for beginners, but it does earn its keep in the hands of a decent marksman.
In The Truth's mission Body Harvest, Carl Johnson needs to rob a Combine Harvester from The Farm, just north of The Truth's farm in Leafy Hollow. The survivalists will start shooting Carl with rifles and attacking with shovels.
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Beside the pool in the rear of a house west of the Mulholland Safehouse. Said house is the one closest to a very high bridge.
- Back o' Beyond, Flint County - On a rock formation.
- Foster Valley, San Fierro - Near the southwest corner of Corvin Stadium. However it is unreachable as the rifle spawns behind the Corvin Stadium walls. See picture below.
- Available to buy at any Ammu-Nation store for $1,000 upon completion of Body Harvest.
- The Rifle has three weapon skills defined in the game's files, however only one is used in the game. But if the player uses the "Max Weapon Stats" cheat, a notification will say "Rifle - Hitman level reached."
- Many players had mistaken this rifle as an air rifle rather than firearm, possibly due to the quieter noise it makes.
- The rifle lacks the cocking animation. Instead, a cocking sound is played and the shooter just stands still until it's ready to fire again. And, no shells are ejected in each "cock".
- In GTA San Andreas, there is a glitch where if the player presses the aim button and then enters a motorcycle, the close-up aim view stays on, and the gray reticle stays in place in the middle of the screen. Exiting the motorcycle makes the view go back to normal.
- In the game's internal files, the Rifle is called "cuntgun". It may be a sexual joke, which is part of Rockstar's tradition or a possible misspelling.
- Interestingly, the Rifle cannot be aimed in first person view, but it is possible on the mobile version by tapping the target button.