Rifle in GTA San Andreas
|Appearance(s):||GTA San Andreas|
|Weapon type:||Sniper rifle|
|Unlocked After:||Body Harvest|
The Rifle is a basic lever-action repeater rifle featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, taking the form of a Marlin Model 336. Hitting the aim button with this won't invoke an auto-target reticule, but instead skips straight to a free-aim mode. Given its lack of a lock-on feature and slow reloading, one might think it is rather pointless to use. However, with a per-bullet damage rate behind only to the sniper rifle, minigun, and desert eagle (at Gangster level and up), it does earn its keep in the hands of a decent marksman.
In The Truth's mission Body Harvest, Carl Johnson needs to rob a Combine Harvester from The Farm, just north of The Truth's farm in Leafy Hollow. The survivalists will start shooting Carl with rifles and attacking with shovels.
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Near a pool of a house west of the Mulholland Safehouse.
- Back o' Beyond, Flint County - On a rock formation.
- Foster Valley, San Fierro - Near the southwest corner of Corvin Stadium. However it is unreachable as the rifle spawns behind the Corvin Stadium walls. See picture below.
- Available to buy at any Ammu-Nation store for $1,000 upon completion of Body Harvest.
- The Rifle has three weapon skills defined in the game's files, however only one is used in the game. However if you use the "Max Weapon Stats", a notification will say "Rifle - Hitman level reached."
- The rifle lacks the cocking animation. Instead, a cocking sound is played and the shooter just stands still until it's ready to fire again. And to add it up, no shells are ejected in each "cock".
- This is the only long-range rifle in the entire series to be non-scoped.
- In GTA San Andreas there is a glitch where if you press the aim button and then enter a motorcycle, the close-up aim view stays on, and the gray reticle stays in place in the middle of the screen. Exiting the motorcycle makes the view go back to normal.
- In the game files, the Rifle is called as "cuntgun". It may be a sexual joke, which is part of Rockstar's tradition or a possible misspelling.