Rise FM is a radio station that appeared in GTA III and GTA LCS. In GTA III, the playlist is presented as a continuous liveset which is being played and broadcast live from a nightclub called The Planetarium and plays Uplifting Trance and Progressive Trance. In GTA Liberty City Stories, the station is also non-stop, but plays commercials at the end of the music loop until it repeats again, this time it plays mostly House/Dance music. Rise FM is one of the Colombian Cartel's favorite radio stations in GTA III, as this station will most likely be heard if the player jacked a Cartel Cruiser.
Grand Theft Auto III Playlist
The GTA III version of Rise FM plays Progressive Trance, Uplift Trance, UK Garage and Dance music, and has no commercials.
- Chris Walsh & Dave Beran - "Shake" (Revolt Clogrock remix)
- Shiver - "Deep Time" (2001)
- R.R.D.S - "Innerbattle" (2001)
- Slyder - "Score" (Original Mix) (2000)
- Slyder - "Neo (The One)" (2001)
- Chris Walsh - "Shake" (End Mix) (2000)
The songs were mixed by Terry Donovan.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories Playlist
The GTA LCS version of Rise FM playes House/Dance music, and this version plays a couple of commercials only at the end of the playlist.
- Moloko - "Sing it Back" (Boris musical mix) (1998)
- Ultra Naté - "Free" (1997)
- Happy Clappers - "I Believe" (1994)
- Eddie Amador - "House Music" (1998)
- Kristine W - "Feel What You Want" (1996)
- De'Lacy - "Hideaway" (Deep Dish vocal remix) (1995)
- Sneaker Pimps - "Spin Spin Sugar" (Armand's dark garage mix) (1997)
- Jaydee - "Plastic Dreams" (1992)
- Ron Trent - "Altered States" (1993)
- The Absolute featuring Suzanne Palmer - "There Will Come A Day" (half tab dub) (1995)
- Slam - "Positive Education" (1997)
- Green Velvet - "Flash" (1995)
- Robert Armani - "Circus Bells" (1993)
- Josh Wink - "Higher State of Consciousness" (1995)
Grand Theft Auto III soundtrack:
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Liberty City Stories soundtrack:
- Rise FM was left behind when remastering for the PC version of GTA III occurred. So all other stations have high quality, while Rise FM has PS2-ish quality. Differences between Rise and other stations are audible.
- SF-UR - a radio station in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that plays house music.
- Electro-Choc - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes from Liberty City which also plays house music.
- Vladivostok FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes from Liberty City which also plays house music.
- Non Stop Pop FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which also plays some house music.
- Soulwax FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which also plays house music.