The Roadtrain is a semi-trailer truck in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Roadtrain is designed as a large rugged semi-truck, being the largest, heaviest and most powerful among the game's three semi trucks (the other two being the Tanker and Linerunner), and comes complete with a large frontal bullbar, a bug catcher over the radiator grille, and twin stoke pipe air intakes. The truck is further distinguished by its two-tone body color.
The design of the truck itself is presumably based on heavy duty "prime movers" tractor units in Australia, which tend to be used to haul road trains (consisting of two or more articulated trailers) to remote parts of the country. Australian prime mover models such as the Macks (Black Thunder, Titan), and Western Stars may be sources of inspiration for the Roadtrain.
The truck's performance is impressive, possessing a relatively high top speed (especially in straightaways and downhill travel), as well as excellent torque for improved hill climbing and acceleration, and responsive steering and brakes. The vehicle's weight distribution, wide length and width makes the Roadtrain more stable than the Tanker or Linerunner, although high speed encounters with bumps may still flip the vehicle. The vehicle's heavy construction also makes the Roadtrain very durable.
- Spawns regularly around the desert and countryside of San Andreas.
- Found near the freight dock at Easter Basin, San Fierro.
- Found in the Angel Pine Sawmill at Angel Pine, Whetstone.
- Very rarely seen in Red County.
- The default radio station of the Roadtrain is K-Rose.
- On the original PS2 version of GTA San Andreas, the Roadtrain had double rear wheels, however when the player skids or does burnouts with the vehicle, it will only leave single tire skid marks.
- Because of this developer oversight, on subsequent releases of the game on PC and Xbox, the Roadtrain has been modified so it only has single rear wheels.
- When fitted with a trailer, the Roadtrain has handling very similar to an actual train (hard to destroy, easily able to ram cars aside, higher top speed, slow acceleration, etc.) though it is not invincible and is slightly unstoppable.
- In the beta, there was going to be a green 'artict3' styled trailer intended to be pulled by the Roadtrain. This unused trailer can be found in the game files, and it can be spawned with mods. However, using modifications to make it usable won't work as the trailer itself can't be attached to any truck.
- Juggernaut, GTA 1 equivalents.
- Truck Cab and Truck Cab SX, GTA 2 equivalents.
- Linerunner, GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories equivalent.
- Tanker, GTA San Andreas equivalents.
- Phantom, GTA IV and GTA V equivalent.