(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Industrial vehicle|
|Body style||Semi-trailer truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
The Roadtrain is a semi-trailer truck in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Roadtrain is designed as a large rugged semi-truck, being the largest, heaviest and most powerful among the game's three semi trucks (the other two being the Tanker and Linerunner), and comes complete with a large frontal bullbar, a bug catcher over the radiator grille, and twin stoke pipe air intakes. The truck is further distinguished by its two-tone body color.
The design of the truck itself is presumably based on heavy duty "prime movers" tractor units in Australia, which tend to be used to haul road trains (consisting of two or more articulated trailers) to remote parts of the country. Australian prime mover models such as the Macks (Black Thunder, Titan), and Western Stars may be sources of inspiration for the Roadtrain.
The truck's performance is impressive, possessing a relatively high top speed (especially in straightaways and downhill travel), as well as excellent torque for improved hill climbing and acceleration, and responsive steering and brakes. The vehicle's weight distribution and wide length and width makes the Roadtrain more stable than the Tanker or Linerunner, although high speed encounters with bumps may still flip the vehicle. The vehicle's heavy construction also makes the Roadtrain very durable.
- The default radio station of the Roadtrain is K-Rose.
- Spawns regularly around the desert and countryside of San Andreas.
- Found near the freight dock at Easter Basin, San Fierro.
- Found in the Angel Pine Sawmill at Angel Pine, Whetstone.
- Very rarely seen in Red County.
- Juggernaut, GTA 1 equivalents.
- Truck Cab and Truck Cab SX, GTA 2 equivalents.
- Linerunner, GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories equivalent.
- Tanker, GTA San Andreas equivalents.
- Phantom, GTA IV equivalent.