Robberies are side missions in GTA Vice City and GTA V. They provide the player with more money, but will also gain the player a Wanted Level (But you don't get a wanted level for robbing a clothing shop or Tattoo Parlor unless you shoot or kill the cashier).
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
In GTA Vice City, the player is able to hold up various convenience stores around the city. To do this, the player must enter a convenience store and aim at the cashier with any firearm. Continue aiming at the cashier until some money will appear on the front desk. The longer you keep aiming, the more cash is given, and the higher your wanted level will go. The player may then take the cash and exit the store. An easy way to rob all the stores without getting more than one wanted star is to wait for the cashier to drop one bundle of cash, then to shoot him with a weapon that will instantly kill him (if you shoot him and he survives, the alarm will go off and you will get two wanted stars.) The player must rob all 15 stores across the city in order to achieve 100% Completion.
Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online
Main article: Shop RobberiesThe player can hold up any convenience store with a rendered interior by aiming any firearm at the cashier. They will receive a plastic bag containing between $1,000 and $3,000 but will also have a one star wanted level upon completion of the robbery (two stars in GTA Online as soon as you point a gun at the clerk). If the player robs multiple stores in a short time, one after another, your wanted level will be higher each time you rob a store. Your wanted level can go up to three, four and five if you rob enough stores in one session without changing masks. Wearing a mask will prevent the player from being recognized on future visits.
In GTA Online, the player may use their own voice to intimidate the cashier. They can also shoot the groceries/drinks available for a higher intimidation if they don't have a mic. The higher the intimidation gauge, the faster they will fill the bag. The player can also rob the store with an empty gun, if the clerk hears the gun is empty he will pull out a shotgun. This can also happen after you rob the store and start walking away. Random civilians in Online can also intervene and attempt to stop the robbery, this happens by chance, depending if there are people in the store or walking past the door. If the robbery fails, and the clerk dies prematurely before emptying all of the money from the counter, you can destroy it by shooting and money will drop out. This can speed up robberies as well, by shooting the clerk and then the counter, though this will result in a lower payout.
Robbing all the stores earns the player the Stick Up Kid achievement/trophy and all variations of the "Clown with gun" back tattoo (tattoo progression incremented at 5, 10, 15 and 20 robberies).
The player can also hold up clothing shops and Tattoo Parlors by aiming any firearm at the cashier, but the cashier will instead take cover and lock the doors unless the player is inside. Then you can break the counters using any firearm containing between $50 and $200. These are not counted towards the achievement.
- 24/7 Supermarket - Senora Freeway, Mount Chiliad
- Limited LTD Gasoline - Grapeseed Main Street, Grapeseed
- 24/7 Supermarket - Niland Avenue, Sandy Shores
- 24/7 Supermarket - Senora Freeway, Grand Senora Desert
- Scoops Liquor Barn - Route 68, Grand Senora Desert
- Liquor Ace - Algonquin Boulevard, Sandy Shores
- 24/7 Supermarket - Route 68, Harmony
- 24/7 Supermarket - Barbareno Road, Chumash
- 24/7 Supermarket - Ineseno Road, Banham Canyon
- Rob's Liquor - Great Ocean Highway, Banham Canyon
- Limited LTD Gasoline - Tongva Drive, Banham Canyon
- 24/7 Supermarket - Clinton Avenue, Downtown Vinewood
- 24/7 Supermarket - Palomino Freeway, Tatavian Mountains
- Limited LTD Gasoline - East Mirror Drive, Mirror Park
- Rob's Liquor - Prosperity Street, Morningwood
- Rob's Liquor - San Andreas Avenue, Vespucci Canals
- Limited LTD Gasoline - Next door to the Ammu-Nation on Lindsay Circus and Ginger Street, Little Seoul
- Rob's Liquor - El Rancho Boulevard, Murrieta Heights
- 24/7 Supermarket - Innocence Boulevard, Strawberry
- Limited LTD Gasoline - Grove Street, Davis