(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian SUV|
|Body style||4-door SUV|
|Capacity||4 (driver and three passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
- "The Rocoto won't win any races, but it makes up for it with luxuries that soothe the soul of upper middle class middle-aged angst."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description.
The Rocoto is a luxury crossover SUV which inherits the role previously slotted by the Ubermacht Rebla in Grand Theft Auto IV (as the Rebla is absent in GTA V ). The car's design appears to be inspired by the German styling of both the first and second generation of the Porsche Cayenne, with a size similar to the Audi Q5 and Porsche Macan. The headlights and taillights are found from those of a second generation Volkswagen Touareg.
The Rocoto is a good alternative to the more popular SUVs in the game. It has a great balance between off-road and on-road performance. Like its real life counterparts, it has a powerful V8 coupled to a 6 speed transmission, it also features AWD. Compared to a similar SUV, the Baller Sport, the ride is stiffer hence more responsive and can reach a higher top speed. On the other hand, acceleration is somewhat average and it's braking is among the worst in it's class. If you are looking for a sporty and uncommon SUV, this is a great option. On the downside, the ability to resist damage is poor, as after a few hard-on collisions it's somewhat common for one of the front wheels to become jammed.
An unique dark red Rocoto can be found in the random event Car Robbery 2. Just recover the car from the carjacker and take the car away instead of returning it to the owner. It features Xenon lights, Deluxe wheels with bulletproof tires and 80%engine, armor & brake upgrades. This is a good vehicle to have early in the game.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||139 / 224||
2400 / 5291
Mass cannot be observed.
- Can be bought for $85,000 from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.
- Can be obtained from a Car Theft random event near Los Santos International Airport.
- One may occasionally spawns in traffic in front of Michael's house, when loading up the game as Michael De Santa.
- Commonly spawns around Vinewood, Vinewood Hills, Rockford Hills, Richman, and Del Perro in northern Los Santos.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, the Rocoto sells for $8,500 at Los Santos Customs.
- The name Rocoto is a type of pepper, parodying the Cayenne which is also named after a pepper.
- The default radio stations of the Rocoto are: FlyLo FM and Soulwax FM.
- Rocoto's real-life counterparts, in exception of the Audi Q5, shared the same platform.
- It is unusual that the Rocoto is not manufactured by Pfister, as it more resembles a Porsche Cayenne.
- There is a glitch where no matter what tint the rear window is it won't be there if the player looks from the inside.